Universal Audio Sphere LX Modeling Microphone
Videos (4)View All
Getting Started with UA Sphere Modeling Microphones
Sphere LX Modeling Microphone Sound Examples
About Universal Audio by Bill Putnam Jr.
Universal Audio's History
The Universal Audio Sphere LX modeling microphone system gives you the sound of classic mics used by everyone from The Beatles and Beyoncé to Radiohead and Frank Sinatra, in a smaller, more affordable package. The Sphere LX condenser microphone features a variable dual-output polar pattern and advanced mic modeling technology, allowing you to record through 20 of the most legendary mics ever made.
Record Through 20 of the Most Coveted Mics Ever Made
Featuring 20 legendary mic models of Neumann, TELEFUNKEN, AKG, Sony and more, the Sphere LX gives your productions the most sought-after ribbon, condenser and dynamic microphones ever made. The Sphere LX lets you audition classic mics before, during and after recording with any interface, in any DAW. And when paired with an Apollo interface, you can do this with near-zero latency.
Blend Two Mics for a Custom Sound
Blend the sound of two mono mics with Sphere LX's Dual Mode, and get rich-sounding mic combinations on snare drums and guitar cabs. Easily tame room coloration for cleaner, more professional recordings using IsoSphere and its expert presets tailored for everything from your bedroom studio to popular isolation filters from sE Reflexion Filters, Aston Halo, Kaotica Eyeball and more.
Premium Components for Pristine Recordings
With dual gold-sputtered diaphragms and the lowest noise of any mic in its class, the Sphere LX outfits your studio with a premium, large-diaphragm condenser microphone, precision-built to deliver years of inspiration for your music, podcasts and voiceovers.
Ready to Record Out of the Box
Right out of the box, the Sphere LX mic gives you a 10' cable, mic stand mount and carrying case—so you'll be creating with the sound of legendary mics in no time.
- Record with 20 of the most sought-after microphones ever made
- Change mic type, polar pattern and other characteristics, even after tracking
- Use Dual Mode for rich-sounding mic combinations on snare drums and guitar cabs
- Add the ultimate modeling mic to your collection, with dual gold-sputtered diaphragms and the lowest noise of any mic in its class
- Mic stand mount, 10' cable and carrying case included
- Type: Modeling condenser
- Polar pattern: Variable dual output
- Frequency range: 20Hz–20kHz
- Sensitivity: –39dB (11mV) ref 1V at 1 Pa, 1kHz
- Output impedance: 200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: > 1 kohms
- Self-noise: 10dBA
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 84dB
- Maximum SPL: 145dB SPL, 1% THD
- Dynamic range: 135dB
- Capsule: 1" diameter dual diaphragm
- Phantom power requirements: 48V DC, 3mA typical
- Connector: 5-pin XLRM