The Universal Audio Apollo x8p is built for pros that need more I/O. It has world-class AD/DA conversion and captures pristine, release-ready recordings.
Apollo x8p has eight Unison-enabled mic preamps that sound and behave like the world's most sought-after designs. It is the perfect interface if you intend to record live drums, full bands, ensembles or live-off-the-floor takes.
With HEXA Core processing, the x8p extends the limits of your plug-in processing. It features a built-in talkback mic, 7.1 surround sound monitoring* and selectable +24dBu operation. This makes it compatible with pro mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio gear.
The x8p combines the tone, feel and real-time workflow of classic analog gear with the power, speed and performance of an innovative modern interface. Not only will it deliver exceptional audio, the x8p will boost your workflow and prompt creative exploration.
Elite audio conversion and enhanced stereo image
The x8p improves on the previous Apollo interfaces by pairing elite 24-bit/192kHz converters with analog circuitry. This results in a pristine signal path.
UA x8p has 129dB of dynamic range and -119dB of total harmonic distortion. Its natural sounding audio rivals any high-end converter on the market. It also has Dual-Crystal clocking for a stunningly low jitter. That means pure recordings and excellent stereo imaging.
Eight Unison-enabled preamps that emulate classic gear
The UA x8p audio interface has eight Unison-enabled mic preamps. When used with the Apollo Console software, these preamps imitate classic analog preamps. The result, your recordings will have the tone and sound of Neve, API, Manley, SSL and more.
To achieve this, the preamp talks with the Console software and physically changes. It models the physical features of the software preamp and mimics it perfectly.
A suite of UAD plugin-ins with improved HEXA processing
With HEXA Core, the Apollo x8p has six SHARC DSP chips. This provides 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollo audio interfaces. Apollo x8p’s HEXA Core Processor gives you more creative freedom in your recording and mixing sessions.
The x8p audio interface also comes with the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plugin bundle. These UAD plugins model studio gear like the Pultec EQ, the LA-2A, 1176 and Fairchaild 670 compressors. With the UAD plugins, your mixes will take a giant tonal leap.
The speed of Thunderbolt 3 with cascading connectivity
Like all of the Apollo x interfaces, the x8p looks sleek and modern. It has front panel controls, monitoring functions and a backlit metering display. It boasts two Thunderbolt 3 inputs for blazing-fast speed and low latency. The two inputs also allow you to link up to four Apollos together to add more I/O and DSP.
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise available — at any price
- Includes free download of integrated LUNA Recording System for Mac
- Powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP processors, yielding 50% more DSP for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
- Near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Fender, and more using Unison™ technology (Apollo x6, x8, x8p)
- Dual Crystal clocking for a low-jitter environment and pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging
- Switchable +24 dBu operation for optimal connection with professional studio equipment
- Supported surround formats up to 7.1, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
- Integrated Talkback microphone and built-in cues for easy communication and slating takes
- Included “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-ins: 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-R Classic Bass Amp, and more
- Compatibility: Mac / Windows
- Connectivity: Thunderbolt 3*
- Host Ports 2
- Realtime UAD Processing: Yes
- SHARC DSP: HEXA (6)
- Unison Mic Preamps: 8
- Unison Hi-Z Inputs: 2
- Total I/O: 16 x 22
- Digital I/O: 8 ADAT (optical TOSLINK); 2 S/PDIF
- Monitor Outputs: 2 TRS
- Headphone Outputs: 2 Stereo
- Monitor Modes: Stereo to 7.1*
- Alt Speakers: Up to 2 Stereo
- Built-in Talkback Mic: Yes