Taylor Builder's Edition 324ce Main Features
- Urban ash back and sides and solid tropical mahogany top on a Grand Auditorium body with a beveled cutaway
- Standard Taylor profile tropical mahogany neck, genuine West African ebony fingerboard
- Gotoh 21:1 antique gold tuners, Taylor Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade pickup design and V-Class bracing system
- Silent Satin-finished body, satin-finished neck
Tonewood Sourced from Southern CaliforniaLike other Taylor models, sustainability was a huge priority when sourcing the wood used for the Builder's Edition 324ce. Powers collaborated with a local Southern California arborist to discover any guitar-worthy species that were to be removed. As part of the cycle of life for trees, they're planted, maintained and then some are eventually removed from urban areas for a variety of reasons. From a sonic standpoint, the urban ash blends elements of mahogany, koa and blackwood. The urban ash emphasizes a focused, fundamental-strong voice that responds well to nearly any type of player.
Original Body Shape and Cutaway Designed for ComfortA Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish Taylor's acoustic sound. This popular body style makes for a versatile guitar, yielding ample volume in response to light fingerpicking. This body style also reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. Designed for comfort, its beveled cutaway, released as part of the Builder's Edition line in 2018, offers a more player-friendly feel for those who like to use every inch of the fretboard. The cutaway features a compound design with a smoothened edge along the corner of the body between the end of the cutaway and the neck heel to offer a more comfortable feel for the fretting hand.
Premium Performance FeaturesThe Builder's Edition 324ce also boasts many premium performance features that will appeal to an electric player. It features chamfered body edges, for playing comfort while the guitar is in the lap position, a smooth Curve Wing bridge, Gotoh 510 tuners and a Silent Satin finish.
Taylor ES2 Electronics and V-Class BracingTwo signature elements of the Taylor Builder's Edition collection are the revolutionary Expression System 2 pickup design and V-Class bracing system. The crux of Taylor's ES2 pickup design is its patented behind-the-saddle pickup. This pickup design features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. With this design, the pickup doesn’t sit under the saddle. Because of that, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge. This full contact allows all the nuance of the guitar’s tone to come through clearly, whether you’re playing acoustically or plugged-in. Paired with Taylor’s custom professional audio-grade preamp, this pickup system is designed to produce great amplified tone and responsiveness.
Taylor debuted its V-Class bracing with the first line of Builder’s Edition guitars in 2018. V-Class bracing is essentially a "sonic engine" that optimizes the response of an acoustic guitar in three important ways: boosting volume, sustain and intonation. Guitars with Taylor's V-Class bracing system are also easier to tune. With V-Class bracing, you'll get more pure and orderly notes that don't cancel each other out or sound off.
All in all, the Taylor Builder's Edition 324ce is a great all-purpose guitar.
About the Taylor Builder's Edition CollectionEach model in Taylor's Builder's Edition line is essentially Powers' "director's cut." Powers was able to apply refined craftsmanship details that aren't typically offered on standard Taylor models. Each model showcases the highest levels of Taylor guitar design innovation. In essence, the Builder's Edition is an ultra-premium class of guitars offering the most player-friendly experience in both sound and feel.
With the introduction of the 2020 Builder's Edition models, Powers' line grows to four different body styles and nine total models—each boasting their own dramatically different musical personality.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Beveled Cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Tropical Mahogany
- Back & sides: Urban Ash
- Bracing pattern: Taylor V-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Silent Satin Finish
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 21:1 Gold Tuners
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Teflon-Infused Graphite Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Beveled armrest, chamfered body edges, Curve Wing bridge, Gotoh 510 tuners, Silent Satin finish
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA