Sterling Audio MX5 5" Powered Studio Monitor, Black (Each)
The Sterling MX5 Black bi-amplified, powered studio monitors combine top sound quality with next-generation materials to meet or exceed the most demanding needs of audio professionals working in project studios. They sound great, have a stylish matte black finish, 5” LF drivers, 1” tweeters, high-and-low-frequency control switches, balanced XLR and TRS inputs and unbalanced RCA connectivity.
The back of the monitors feature a balanced XLR input, a balanced TRS input and an unbalanced RCA. They have a robust power switch, a rotary level dial, high-frequency filter with three parameters—+2dB, –2dB and neutral 0—and low-frequency filter with three parameters—+3dB, –3dB and neutral 0. These features allow you to tune your speakers to your room for optimal playback monitoring when mixing and producing so you’re assured the best sound possible. MX5 monitors deliver 70 watts of high-efficiency, low-distortion, Class A/B amplification with 42Hz–22kHz frequency response.
The front of the monitors feature acoustically engineered 5" low-frequency drivers that offer superior damping. This minimizes any sonic artifacts and unnatural resonance to ensure a clean, natural sound for referencing your mixes. It has a four-layer voice coil which provides greater motor force for outstanding low-frequency performance. The 1" silk-dome high-frequency tweeter features a powerful neodymium magnet for a smooth and natural high-frequency response.
The MX Black Series monitors are designed to provide optimal frequency dispersion even when listening off-axis. This means they’ll sound great in imperfect acoustic environments, like most home and project studios, to give you an accurate representation of your music. The bi-amplified Class A/B design ensures superior transient response and a natural bass presence. They also look fantastic with a sophisticated dual matte black finish and backlit Sterling logo, looking as good in your studio as they sound to your ears.
- 5" low-frequency driver with acoustically engineered cone design
- 4-layer voice coil provides greater motor force for outstanding low-frequency performance
- 1" silk-dome tweeter features powerful neodymium magnets
- 70 watts of high-efficiency, low-distortion Class A/B amplification with 42Hz–22kHz frequency response
- Bi-amplified Class A/B design ensures superior transient response and natural bass presence
- Rear-port design reduces low-frequency turbulence and distortion
- Size: Near-field
- System type: Active
- Configuration: 2-way
- Low-frequency driver: 5"
- Mid-frequency driver: Not specified
- High-frequency driver: 1"
- Full-range driver: Not specified
- Driver type: Proprietary cone
- Frequency response: Not specified
- Max peak SPL: Not specified
- Amplifier class: Class A/B
- Output power: 70W
- Input connectors: XLR, TRS, RCA
- Standby mode: Yes
- Acoustic space control: Yes
- Power indicator: Yes
- Enclosure type: Ported