The 017 TUBE condenser represents the modern embodiment of the big, classic sound so highly
prized in vintage microphones. Hand-machined and tensioned capsules – all Soyuz microphones are,
like the finest musical instruments and works of art, completely handmade and enable detail to be
captured with stunning depth, warmth, and a silky transparence in the upper frequencies. These sonic
characteristics, inherent to the 017’s design, allow it to complement the subtle nuances of vocals and
strings while accurately capturing complex instruments with difficult transients across the entire
The 017 TUBE features a cardioid capsule with a gold-sputtered, hand-tuned 34mm diaphragm; an
omni-directional capsule is currently available, with additional patterns in development. As with all
Soyuz microphones, the 017 TUBE is completely handmade: bodies and capsules are manually
machined, transformers are wound in-house, and all wiring is true point-to-point.
The 017 TUBE has quickly become the go-to vocal microphone of such artists as Coldplay,
Radiohead, Shawn Mendes, the Lumineers, and Paramore, among others. Well-known producers and
engineers who have adopted it include Nigel Godrich (Radiohead, Paul McCartney, Beck), Ryan
Hewitt (Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Lumineers, Lady Gaga), Sylvia Massy (Prince, Johnny Cash), and
Butch Walker (Pink, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne) and many more.
The engineers at Soyuz have spent decades studying, servicing, and building classic microphones;
this unique pool of knowledge, craft and skill – combined with the ears of numerous musicians,
producers and audio engineers – has culminated in the creation of the 017 Series’ custom S17
capsule. Featuring a gold-sputtered, hand-tuned 34mm diaphragm, the S17 is loosely based on the
original K67 capsule developed in 1960. Far from creating another clone of a classic, however, Soyuz
has further developed the design, modifying its assembly and tuning. The result, when paired with
Soyuz’s original schematic, is unique – and uniquely musical.
- 100% handmade in Russia;
- 34mm gold sputtered diaphragm capsule;
- In-house wound transformer inside;
- 6ZH1P military grade pentode tube;
- Optional capsule: omni;
- Heavy duty shock mount;
- Comes in a velvet-lined, hand-crafted Russian hardwood box.
- Type- Tube condenser microphone
- Capsule- Two 34mm membranes (one gold sputtered)
- Frequency Range- 20Hz/20kHz
- Polar Pattern- Cardioid (swappable) with optional omnidirectional and figure 8
- Sensitivity- 16mV/Pa
- Impedance- 270 Ohms
- SPL -120 dB Equivalent Noise- 20 dB (a-weighted)
- Tube Type- 6ZH1P
- Power- Dedicated power supply- BP - 017
- Size- 226mm length x 55mm diameter
- Weight- 950g
- Extras- handmade oak suitcase, power supply, 6 pin cable, shock mount, mic clip, spare tube.