A new generation Prophet
A powerhouse combination of hybrid synthesis and sample-based sound sources, the Sequential Prophet X is a bi-timbral synthesizer blended with expertly crafted samples that will inspire infinite creativity and originality. Dave Smith's Sequential Prophet X continues on the tradition of the prestigious Prophet series, with up to 16 total voices and a fully enhanced sound engine that powers two simultaneous 16-bit, 48kHz sample-based instruments plus two high-resolution digital oscillators with waveshape modulation—all processed through rich, stereo analog filters.
A Dave Smith keyboard is by any means a standalone instrument, but when you add a collaboration with one of the top sound developers around today, you get a symbiotic relationship that will stand the test of time. The leaders at 8Dio have curated a 150GB sample library for the Prophet X including acoustic and electronic instruments as well as ambient and cinematic effects. You can shape the samples through loop manipulation, sample stretching, and the Prophet X’s many sound-sculpting functions, including 4 envelope generators, 4 LFOs, a deep modulation matrix, and other tools.
What good is a fully stacked sample library and powerhouse sound engine if the feel isn't right? Luckily the Prophet X has a premium, 5-octave semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch, an integrated power supply, USB support, and three OLED displays. Everything you need for comprehensive playability and sound control. Because it covers so much ground musically and sonically, the Prophet X will appeal to a broad range of musicians: from live and studio keyboardists who need everything from pianos and organs to strings and leads; to sound designers for film, TV, and gaming; to home enthusiasts looking for a super flexible, awesome-sounding synth for their home setups.
- Full-sized, semi-weighted, 5-octave keyboard with velocity and channel (mono) aftertouch
- 2 multi-sampled stereo instruments per voice
- 2 x analog 4-pole resonant low-pass filter per voice
- 150 GB of factory-installed 16-bit, 48 kHz sampled instruments created by 8Dio
- 50 GB of additional storage for user-imported samples or 3rd-party sound libraries
- Polyphonic step sequencer with up to 64 steps (6 notes per step), and ties and rests
- 16-slot modulation matrix with 28 sources and 92 destinations
- Fully-featured arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- 512 Factory Programs (4 banks of 128) and 512 fully editable User Programs with 2 layers
- Users can import their own samples to create custom instruments and content (Created by 8DIO)
- Sample import and mapping is done via software application.
- 32-note polyphonic.
- Other add-on sample packs by 8DIO include The Last Prophet, ARP 2600 and CP70
- More libraries are planned
- Number of keys: 61
- Key size: Full
- Aftertouch / Velocity: Both
- Polyphony (max): 32 voices
- VCO: 2
- VCF: 2
- Envelope Generator (EG): 4
- LFO: 4
- Mixer: 16-slot modulation matrix
- Included presets: 512
- User preset slots: 512
- Output: 2 x 1/4" TS
- MIDI Connectivity: In/Out/Thru
- Line input: Yes, mono
- USB Connectivity: Yes
- Headphone out: Yes
- Other: Sync
- Sequencer: 64-step
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Display: Yes
- Effects: Yes
- Pitch bend/Modulation: Both
- Width: 38.44 in.
- Height: 4.13 in.
- Depth: 13.53 in.
- Weight: 24 lb.