QSC GXD 8 Professional Power Amplifier
The QSC GXD8 amplifier delivers 4,500 watts of dependable Class D power for any professional audio application. The GXD8 provides flexible digital signal processing so you can shape your sound without needing racks of outboard gear. Whether you're installing a house of worship audio system or building a portable rig for your band, the GXD8 amplifier offers convenient configuration and legendary QSC reliability.
Universal Power Supply Handles Any Power Condition
The GXD8 features a universal switch mode power supply that reduces weight, improves efficiency, and ensures consistent performance even with unstable power. You'll get maximum uptime and stable sound quality no matter the venue.
Onboard DSP Processing Gives You Total Control
The GXD8 amplifier provides onboard digital signal processing so you can tailor your sound from the amp itself. Use the intuitive interface to configure crossovers, EQ, delay and power limiting for your specific loudspeakers and application. Optimize your system's performance without needing extra equipment or technical expertise.
Lightweight and Portable for Any Gig
The GXD8 amplifier is easy to transport from show to show. Its compact 1RU chassis fits into any rack or can stand alone, giving you tremendous power and flexibility in a highly portable package.
The Total Package for Power, Processing and Portability
Whether you need an amplifier for installation or live sound, the GXD8 delivers. With Class D power, DSP processing, and a lightweight form factor, the GXD8 gives you everything you need for professional results and maximum convenience. Experience the sound and versatility that has made QSC an industry leader.
- High peak output power with up to 1600 watts from the GXD 4 and a whopping 4500 Watts from the GXD 8.
- Power levels matched to the most popular loudspeakers and optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4? and 8? speaker systems.
- Class D output stage with a universal power supply for high performance and efficiency.
- Extensive and powerful loudspeaker processing built in. Includes high and low-pass filters, 4-band parameteric EQ, limiting, and delay.
- Large LCD display simplifies amplifier setup and indicates amp status.
- Inputs: Parallel XLR and 1/4 TRS connectors for compatibility with any source while providing convenient loop-thru capability.
- Precision rotary encoders for gain and DSP parameter control.
- Outputs: Professional binding post and NL4 connectors (compatible with NL2) provide for mono and bi-amp speaker connections.
- Digital limiting automatically protects the amplifier from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive.
- Adjustable speaker protection to match your loudspeaker' power and impedance.
- Front panel LEDs indicate signal presence, input overload, and amplifier clipping.
- 8? dynamic, both channels driven: 1500 watts
- 4? dynamic, both channels driven: 2250 watts
- 8? continuous, both channels driven: 800 watts
- 4? continuous, both channels driven: 1200 watts
- Distortion (typical)
- 1 kHz at full rated power: < 1% THD:
- Signal to Noise (A weighted, 20 Hz“20 kHz): 100 dB
- Input Sensitivity: 1.2 Vrms
- Maximum Voltage Gain: 36.5 dB
- Output Circuitry: Class D
- Power Requirements: 1/8 power at 4?
- - 100 V AC: 6.2 A
- - 120 V AC: 5.6 A
- - 230 V AC: 3.2 A
- Frequency Response (20 Hz“20 kHz): +0.7 dB, -0.8 dB
- Dynamic Headroom (4?): 2.73 dB
- Damping Factor (8?): 100
- Input Impedance: 20 k? (balanced), 10 k? (unbalanced)
- Maximum Input Level: +23.5 dBu
- Input Connectors (each channel): 3-pin XLR/F / 1/4" TRS, balanced
- Output Connectors (each channel): NL4, binding posts
- NL4 pinout:
- Channel A on 1+, 1-; Channel B on 2+, 2-
- Channel B on 1+, 1-
- Amplifier and Load Protection: Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection
- Load protected against DC faults
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators: 2 — Rotary Encoders
- 3 — Operational buttons (HOME, ENTER, EXIT)
- 2 — Green Signal LEDs indicate signal presence
- 2 — Red A/D Clip LEDs indicate input over-drive and/or amplifier current clipping
- Blue Power LED ring indicates AC on
- 2.12" — 1.0", 256 — 128 pixel LCD
- DSP Functions: High-pass filter, 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley, adjustable frequency 20 Hz to 4 kHz
- Low-pass filter, 4th-order Linkwitz-Riley, adjustable frequency 60 Hz to 4 kHz
- 4-band parametric EQ with variable frequency, gain, and bandwidth
- Peak limiter with power, aggressiveness, and impedance selection
- Delay 50 msec max.
- Dimensions (HWD): 3.5" (2 RU) — 19" — 10.2" (89 mm — 483 mm — 259 mm)
- Weight (Net): 13.2 lb. (6.0 kg)
- Weight - Shipping: 17.3 lb (7.8 kg)
- Agency Approvals: UL, CE, RoHS/WEEE compliant
- Carton and Contents: Power cable and quick start guide