Instead of being connected to a loudspeaker, the PDI03 is connected directly to the amplifier output. The signal is no longer picked up by a microphone, and after passing through a special filter section is fed directly into a mixing console, tape recorder, etc. This permits power amplifiers to be operated to saturation without troublesome volume problems.
Two switches select between the 9 filter presets simulating various types of speakers and enclosures. Open back 2 x 12" combo or 4 x 12" cabinet characteristics and the punch of a full-out stack with a graphic EQ ''V'' setting can be selected as well as ''American'' or ''British'' speakers and ultra brightness.
Four paralleled unfiltered outputs are available for further processing. Both filter and line out level are adjustable.
For live monitoring, speakers may be connected while the reactive load is automatically switched off. Power handling capacity is 100W RMS without speakers.
- Product type: Speaker Simulators
- Type: passive
- Channels: 1
- Input type: unbalanced
- Inputs: 1
- Input connectors: 6.3 mm Jack
- Output type: unbalanced, balanced
- Outputs: 6( 2 x Filter / 4 x Line out)
- Output connectors: XLR, 6.3 mm Jack
- Output impedance: 10 k (6.3 mm Jack), 600 (XLR) Ohm(s)
- Controls: voicing, line out, filter volume
- Dummy load: yes
- Dummy load impedance: 16 Ohm(s)
- Max. load: 100 W
- Voicing filter: yes
- Power attenuator: no
- Transformer isolated outputs: yes
- Cabinet material: sheet steel/aluminium
- Cabinet surface: powder coated/anodized
- Width: 480 mm
- Width: 19"
- Depth: 180 mm
- Height: 44.5 mm
- Height: 1 U
- Weight: 3 kg