Building on the legacy of the Electro-Voice RE20, one of the most widely used studio mics of all time, the RE320 is a professional quality dynamic microphone designed specifically for recording and sound reinforcement applications requiring extremely low noise and the highest level of predictable tonal and transient response. Ideal for capturing vocal and instrument sources; the RE320 delivers unparalleled detail, dynamic content and natural tone.
Variable D is Electro-Voice's exclusive solution to the tonal changes associated with the proximity effect found in other directional microphones. Providing balanced and uniform frequency response up to 180-degrees off-axis, the result is always stable and linear tonal performance–even when the sound source is moving around the mic. Ideal for capturing the critical details of voice, amplified and acoustic instruments, Variable-D capsules deliver impeccably smooth and natural tone on virtually any sound source.
Utilizing the same humbucking coil technology found in the RE20 and RE27N/D, which arrests electromagnetic field interference introduced by sources close to the microphone, the RE320 produces an ultra-quiet signal path free from the hum and buzz found in other dynamic microphones.
The RE320 incorporates a two-position Dual Personality frequency response switch that allows engagement of two vastly different performance curves.
A professional-grade dynamic microphone for broadcasting, podcasting, recording, and sound reinforcement applications requiring extremely low noise and the best possible tonal and transient response. Ideal for capturing a wide variety of vocal and instrument sources, the RE320 delivers unparalleled detail, dynamic response, and pleasing natural tone.
- Engineered for world-class performance in both studio and stage applications
- RE320's unique Dual Personality switch creates two ideal mics in one
- Neodymium magnet creates higher output with faster transient response and greater high-frequency detail
- EV's exclusive Variable-D proximity control ensures pure and natural tone
- EV's classic humbucking coil guards against EMF interference and hum
- Generating Element: Dynamic neodymium magnet
- Frequency Response: 30-18,000 Hz (kick curve) 45-18,000 Hz (general curve)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Impedance: 150 ohm balanced
- Sensitivity, Open Circuit Voltage, 1 KHz: 2.5 mV/pascal
- Hum Pickup Level, Typical (60 Hz/1 milliosted field): -130 dBm
- Case Material: Steel
- Length: 8-1/2" (216.7 mm)
- Widest Diameter: 2.1/8" (54.4 mm)
- Body Diameter: 1.5/16" (49.2 mm)
- Finish: Semi-gloss black
- Net Weight: 1 lb. 8 oz. (681 g)
- Shipping Weight: 3 lb. 5 oz. (1044 g)
Wireless: 2 years
Speakers: 3 years active, 5 years passive