Moog Matriarch Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer Black
Videos (3)View All
Moog Matriarch Sequence Expression | BlankFor.ms
Moog Matriarch | Sound Explorations with Philip Cornish
Moog Matriarch: Place / Time / Memory
A sound that commands respect
Matriarch’s all-analog signal path delivers a wide variety of sonic capabilities ranging from overdriven monophonic bass to gently evolving paraphonic plucks that cycle through waveshapes into a wash of infinite delay trails. Easily create harmonically rich content with up to four notes of polyphony, or stack all four VCOs and create a ridiculously powerful mono synth capable of cutting through any mix. Just like many Moog modular synths before it, Matriarch’s sound engine, modulation engine, stereo ladder filters, dual envelopes and stereo delay are all 100% analog, resulting in an unrestricted sonic vocabulary of immense beauty and power. In addition, Matriarch also features an easy-to-use arpeggiator and a built-in sequencer with up to 256 steps, four notes per step and 12 stored patterns. The sequencer can also be patched to independently control external gear.
Analog building blocks
While the Matriarch is built as a self-contained keyboard, each section can be broken down to individual sections based on classic Moog modular designs, including Minimoog oscillators, CP3 module mixer, 904A module filters, 911 module envelopes, 902 module VCAs and an analog delay that closely resembles the MF-104M and 500 Series effects. Each of the four analog oscillators have selectable waveshapes and can be hard-synced per oscillator, which drives the heart of Matriarch’s sound. There’s also a full-range LFO with six selectable waveshapes, dual-analog ADSR envelopes, dual-analog VCA, and a pair of analog filters with parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP) and series (HP/LP) modes available. Replacing the spring reverb found in the Grandmother, Matriarch instead has an onboard stereo analog delay with up to 700ms of stereo or ping-pong-style repeats that can be synced to the host tempo via MIDI.
Retro looks, modern design
Matriarch may take its inspiration from retro Moog synths of the past, but it is loaded with modern features that will take it into the future. As for connectivity, Matriarch has everything needed for today’s production environments, including a 5-pin MIDI In/Out/Thru as well as MIDI over USB for instant integration with your host computer. There are also two 1/4” TS jacks for line-level output and a 1/4” external audio input capable of taking signals from guitars, drum machines and more. The 49-key premium Fatar keybed features patchable velocity and aftertouch, offering a wide range of expressivity. When you’re ready to go beyond Matriarch’s pre-wired sound design capability, there are a total of 90 easily accessible modular patch points across the front and back of the unit, turning this highly versatile synth into a fully modular system at a moment’s notice.
- Mono, duo and 4-note paraphonic playability
- Stereo analog delay with up to 700 ms of stereo or ping/pong-style repeats
- 256-step sequencer with up to four notes per step and 12 stored patterns
- Arpeggiator with selectable modes (Order, Forward/Backward, Random)
- Semi-modular analog synthesizer—no patching required
- 90 modular patch points for endless exploration
- Expressive 49-note Fatar keyboard with patchable velocity and aftertouch
- Four analog oscillators with selectable waveshape and hard sync per-oscillator
- Full-range analog LFO with six selectable waveshapes
- Dual analog filters with parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP) and series (HP/LP) modes available
- Dual analog ADSR envelopes
- Dual analog VCAs
- Three bipolar voltage controlled attenuators with ring mod capability
- 2x4 parallel wired unbuffered mults
- Additional simple analog LFO useful for adding modulation to delay, filters and VCAs
- 1/4" external audio input for processing guitars, drum machines and more through Matriarch’s analog circuits
- Stereo 1/4" and 3.5 mm Eurorack level audio outputs
Moog music warrants each instrument to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of one year after delivery to the retail purchaser. The warranty is void if the instrument has been modified in any manner other than in accordance with written instructions from Moog Music, Inc., of if the defect or failure is judged by Moog Music, Inc., to be caused by normal wear, accident, neglect, or conditions of operation other than those specified in the instruction manual.
This warranty is subject to verification by Moog Music, Inc., that a defect or failure exists and that the original purchaser complies with the following:
1. Warranty Registration Card must be returned by the purchaser to Moog Music, Inc., within 10 days of retail purchase.
2. Moog Music, Inc., must be notified by telephone, or in writing, of the problem to secure authorization to return the instrument to the factory or warranty center.
3. The instrument must be shipped prepaid. It will be returned with shipping charges prepaid by Moog Music, Inc.
MOOG MUSIC, INC., MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXCEEDING THE DURATION OF THE AFORESTATED OBLIGATIONS ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY. NORLIN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Moog Music, Inc., authorizes no persons to assume for it any warranty or other liability in connection with the sale of Moog Music, Inc., instruments.
Moog Music, Inc., reserves the right to make changes in design at anytime without incurring any obligation to install same on units previously purchased.