For the aspiring music maker looking for a professional solution to mix their music and reference their tracks, Kali Audio's LP-6 6.5" powered studio monitor are an excellent tool. This monitor is designed to deliver transparent sound for creators working across all genres and features Boundary EQ settings to optimize the speaker's response depending on where it is placed in your room. An advanced waveguide, large voice coil and precision tuning this monitor will sound great in any space.
The LP-6 is designed so you can hear every detail of your mix. Nothing is boosted or suppressed to cover flaws in your tracks, so you will be able to mix with critical precision to mix with confidence and create incredible sounding finished productions. This detailed sound is, in a large part, owed to the monitor's 3D Imaging Waveguide.
This Waveguide allows you to hear a 3D soundstage from a stereo pair of monitors. By matching the shape of the waveguide to the interactions of the high and low-frequency drivers, this waveguide produces a stereo image that is wider, taller and deeper than the space where the speakers are placed. The LP-6 accomplishes this by ensuring that the speaker's reflected sound matches its direct sound. Every time you hear a loudspeaker, you're hearing both the direct sound from the speaker and reflections from the speaker's signal bouncing off of objects in the room.
When those reflections are congruent with the direct sound from the speaker, listeners perceive a better sound overall and are able to make out very subtle details like where microphones are placed in a room. When done well, the stereo image will be three-dimensional.
- Powered: Yes
- Amplifier Class: D
- Power Configuration: Bi-Amped
- LF Power: 40W
- HF Power: 40W
- Total Power: 80W
- LF Driver: 6.5" woofer
- HF Driver: 1" soft-dome tweeter
- Freq. Response: (-10 dB): 39Hz–25kHz
- Frequency Range: (±3dB): 47Hz–21kHz
- Crossover: 1.5kHz
- Listening Distance: (85dB Continuous, 20dB headroom): 2.2 m
- Max SPL: 112dB
- System THD (94dB @ 1 m): <3% 80Hz–1.7kHz <2% above 1.7kHz: <2.5% 80Hz–400Hz
- <1.5% above 400Hz
- Unbalanced Inputs: 1 x RCA
- Balanced Inputs: 1 x TRS, 1 x XLR
- TRS/XLR Input Sensitivity: : +4dB
- RCA Input Sensitivity: -10dB
- HF Trim: -2dB, ±0dB, +2dB
- LF Trim: -2dB, ±0dB, +2dB
- Enclosure: Front Ported
- Height: 14.125" (35.9 cm)
- Width: 8.75" (22.2 cm)
- Depth: 10.25" (26 cm)
- Product Weight: 15.54 lb. (7.01 kg)