THE GUITAR CENTER
2017 OFFICIAL RULES
IN STORES ONLY
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. SPONSOR: Guitar Center Stores, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362. "Sponsor and its agents" shall mean Guitar Center, Inc.; its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies; and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries; and their respective employees, officers, directors, and agents. Sweepstakes Administrator shall mean Guitar Center Stores, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362.
3. REOCCURRING WEEKLY SWEEPSTAKES: On every Thursday starting April 20, 2017 and ending May 10, 2017, Sponsor will start a new sweepstakes (each a different "Weekly Sweepstakes") and will subsequently hold a random drawing as provided herein (each a different Sweepstakes) for Prizes (individually, a "Prize", collectively, "Prizes") as outlined below for each Weekly Sweepstakes. The entry period for each Weekly Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. PT on each Thursday starting April 20, 2017, and ends 11:59:59 p.m. PT the following Wednesday. The final Weekly Sweepstakes will start Thursday, May 4, 2017.
4. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 48 Continental U.S. states and the District of Columbia, who are fifteen (15) years of age or older as of date of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Employees, and agents of Guitar Center Stores, Inc., prize providers, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies; and their respective officers, directors, and agents (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities"); and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible.
5. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Sweepstakes by going into any Guitar Center store during regular business hours, during the entry period of any of the Weekly Sweepstakes, and asking any on-duty Guitar Center associate to enter you into the Weekly Sweepstakes. You must completely answer all entry questions by the Guitar Center associate, who will electronically complete your official entry form. No other attempted method of entry will be accepted. One entry per person ("Entrant") per Weekly Sweepstakes (regardless of number of stores visited). If more than one entry is submitted for any Weekly Sweepstakes, only the first such entry submitted will be accepted. Any intentional attempt by a participant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different identities, email addresses, or any other methods will void all of that participant's entries. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Non-winning entries will not be carried over into subsequent Weekly Sweepstakes.
By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in processing of the entries. Proof of entering information at any store does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
6. REGIONAL DISTRICTS: Weekly Sweepstakes will be administered on a regional basis, with one winner being selected from entries received in stores located in each of the three (3) districts shown below (each a "Regional District") according to the process set forth in these Official Rules.
- Regional District 1 – AZ, CA, CO, ID, KS, MO, NM, NV, OR, TX, UT, WA
- Regional District 2 – AL, AR, IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MI, MN, OH, OK, ND, TN, TX, WI
- Regional District 3 – CT, DE, FL, GA, MA, MD, ME, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VA, VT
7. POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winners ("Potential Winner") for each Weekly Sweepstakes will be selected in random drawings from the eligible entries received in each of the Regional Districts, for each respective Weekly Sweepstakes all occurring on or about June 4, 2017, by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Potential Winners will be notified by telephone, U.S. mail, and/or email ("Prize Notification") and must provide by email within three (3) days of the date of the Prize Notification (the "Deadline"), his/her full name, confirmation of the email address and a mailing address ("Mailing Information") where Sponsor can send an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and a W-9 tax form (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Documents"). The mailing address must include the street address (no P.O. Boxes). If a Potential Winner does not provide the Mailing Information in response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the respective Weekly Sweepstakes. Once Sponsor receives a Potential Winner's Mailing Information, a set of Sweepstakes Documents will be sent to him/her via either overnight mail and/or by email. Each Potential Winner (or, in the event that the Potential Winner is an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign and return the Sweepstakes Documents within three (3) days of the date of receipt or he/she will forfeit the Prize and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected. Provided that the Potential Winner has complied with these Official Rules and meets all of the eligibility requirements set forth herein, following Sponsor's receipt of the signed Sweepstakes Documents, Sponsor shall declare the Potential Winner a winner ("Winner") of the respective Weekly Sweepstakes. This process will be repeated for each Weekly Sweepstakes until all prizes have been awarded. Return of any Prize Notification or Sweepstakes Documents as undeliverable will result in disqualification, and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. Sponsor shall repeat the winner selection and notification procedures set forth in this Section until qualified Winners have been selected for each Weekly Sweepstakes. If an insufficient number of entries is received to select a Winner from any Weekly Sweepstakes, the respective Prize for that Weekly Sweepstakes will not be awarded.
8. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING:
There will be one (1) Prize for each of the Weekly Sweepstakes as follows:
First Weekly Sweeps
- One (1) Winner from each of the three (3) Regional Districts will win one (1) Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb Amp (ARV of each First Weekly Prize: $1,050)
Total ARV of First Weekly Sweeps Prize: $3,150
Second Weekly Sweeps
- One (1) Winner from each of the three (3) Regional Districts will win one (1) Fender Paramount Series PM-1 Standard All-Mahogany Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar (ARV of each Second Weekly Prize: $600)
Total ARV of Second Weekly Sweeps Prize: $1,800
Third Weekly Sweeps
- One (1) Winner from each of the three (3) Regional Districts will win their choice of one (1) Fender American Pro Strat RW Electric Guitar 3-Color Sunburst or one (1) Fender American Pro Tele MN Electric Guitar 3-Color Sunburst or one (1) Fender American Pro Jazz RW Electric Bass Guitar 3-Color Sunburst or one (1) Fender American Pro Precision RW Electric Bass Guitar 3-color Sunburst (ARV of each Third Weekly Prize: $1,500)
Total ARV of First Weekly Sweeps Prize: $4,500
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Weekly Sweepstakes. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning.
9. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize specifications will be determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. Prize is nontransferable. You may only win one Weekly Prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize is non-transferrable. The Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning. The Prize is awarded "AS IS" and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
10. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local, and other taxes, and any license, destination, and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner may be required to properly fill out a W-9 tax form and issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize.
12. DISPUTES: Each Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Los Angeles County, CA; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
13. WINNER’S LIST: For a Winner's List, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "The Guitar Center Guitar-a-Thon" Weekly Sweepstakes, Winner's List, c/o Guitar Center Stores, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362, to be received no later than Dec 31, 2017. Winner's List will comprise the Winners of each Sweepstakes.
TM and © 2017. Guitar Center Stores, Inc. All rights reserved.