"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "5",
"placementNames" : "rrt1,rrt2,rr1,rr2,rr3"
Hagstrom Fantomen Electric Guitar
A collaboration between the design team at Hagstrom and “Papa Emeritus” and the Ghouls of the band Ghost, Fantomen (Swedish for “The Fantom”) transports Hagstrom’s legendary playability and technical excellence into a new, edgier realm.
Hagstrom started with an elegantly asymmetrical solid-mahogany body to which they joined a mahogany neck using a classic mortise-and-tenon neck joint system. Since it’s a Hagstrom, the Fantomen uses the H-Expander truss rod and Resinator fingerboard, providing the ultimate in playing surface stability and optimal tonal enhancement. Together these components create an incredibly stable, resonant and responsive sonic foundation.
With a relatively thin 1¼ in. (3.5cm) body, the Fantomen is beautifully balanced and surprisingly lightweight. A 25.5 in. (648mm) scale provides a slightly sharper attack and more sustain than classic 24.75 in. scale guitars. A neck joint design that provides total, unrestricted access to all 22 frets will meet the needs of even the most virtuosic player.
The goal was to equip the Fantomen with electronics that would allow for a varied tonal pallet ranging from classic, vintage colors to screaming metallic brilliance. Hagstrom worked with Swedish pickup guru Johan Lundgren, designer of pickups used by artists such as Meshuggah’s Martin Hagström (no relation).
Lundgren recommended two different humbucker designs: No. 2 in the neck position and No. 5 in the bridge position. The result covers an immense expressive range; from smooth, warm tones to the kind of attack and intense dynamic output that would satisfy the demands of even the most extreme musical styles. Each pickup can be split to single-coil mode by means of push/pull switches incorporated into the tone controls for even more sonic flexibility. This guitar speaks with many distinct voices.
You can find the Fantomen on stage with Ghost during their 2017 Popestar tour, but you don’t have to be a Nameless Ghoul to play one, and you can order one now that's identical in every way to the Fantomen used by the Ghouls.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Hagstrom
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: H-Expander
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Resinator
- Radius: 15 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Block
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Lundgren Design AlNiCo-2 No. 2
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Lundgren Design AlNiCo-5 No. 5
- Brand: Hagstrom
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/pull tone controls for single-coil sound
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic with roller saddles
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Signature model Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Guitar Center's Pro Coverage
Pro Coverage gives you added warranty protection for your gear. Stepping in where the manufacturer's "normal wear and tear" coverage ends, our Pro Coverage program offers you upgraded coverage if your product ever fails Click To Read More About This Product.
Pro Coverage includes
- Accidental damage protection
- Expedited repair or replacement
- Free shipping (for returns or repairs)
- 100% coverage for commercial use
- Extended price protection
- No lemon guarantee
- Free transfer of coverage to a new owner
- Repair costs covered for up to five years from date of purchase
- Repair authorization-toll-free by phone or via the web
Questions & Answers View All