GUITAR CENTER PRESENTS YOUR CHANCE TO WIN:
CROSSROADS FLY AWAY “SWEEPSTAKES”
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. SPONSOR: Guitar Center Stores, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362 (“Sponsor”). “Sponsor and its agents” shall mean Guitar Center Stores, Inc., its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the contiguous 48 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The Sweepstakes, and any web site pages and advertisements or promotional materials relating thereto, are intended for viewing only within the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not physically located within the United States at the time of entry. Officers, Directors, employees and agents of Guitar Center Stores, Inc., the prize providers, Crossroads Music Festival, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible.
4. HOW TO ENTER: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. (Pacific Time ["PT"]) on April 18, 2019, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on May 8, 2019 ("Sweepstakes Period"). You may enter the Sweepstakes in one of two ways: (1) In-store Entry: go into any Guitar Center store during regular business hours, during the Sweepstakes Period, and ask any on-duty Guitar Center associate to enter you into the Sweepstakes. You must completely answer all entry questions by the Guitar Center associate, who will electronically complete your official entry form; or (2) Online Entry: go to guitarcenter.com and completely fill out the online entry form and submit it in accordance with the on-screen directions during the Sweepstakes Period. No other attempted method of entry will be accepted. One entry per person ("Entrant") per Weekly Sweepstakes (regardless of number of stores visited). One entry per person (“Entrant”). If more than one entry is submitted, only the first such entry submitted will be accepted. Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
By entering, Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and represent that they meet all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the entries. Proof of entering information at website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or entry, the authorized account holder of the email address will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The "authorized account holder" of an email address, is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about May 12, 2019 by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes (each, a “Potential Winner”). Potential Winners will be notified by telephone, U.S. mail, and/or e-mail using the contact information provided at the time of entry (“Prize Notification") and must respond to the Prize Notification within five (5) calendar days from the first notification attempt (the "Deadline"). Such response shall include the providing and/or confirming of his/her full name and a mailing address ("Mailing Information"), where Sponsor can send an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Documents"). The mailing address must be a street address (no P.O. Boxes). If a Potential Winner does not provide the Mailing Information in response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the drawing. Sponsor will attempt to award the prize to alternate winners following the same procedure. In the case of Potential Winners for the Grand Prize, if the Potential Winner cannot travel or take the Trip, he/she will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and will not be entitled to any partial prize, no matter whether or not the Potential Winner has been named a Winner Once Sponsor receives a Potential Winner's Mailing Information, a set of Sweepstakes Documents will be sent to him/her via overnight mail. Each Potential Winner must sign and return the Sweepstakes Documents within five (5) of the date of receipt or he/she will forfeit the Prize and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected, per the procedure described above. Provided that the Potential Winner has complied with these Official Rules and meets all of the eligibility requirements set forth herein, and in the case of the Grand Prize, can travel and take the Trip, following Sponsor’s receipt of the signed Sweepstakes Documents, Sponsor shall declare the Potential Winner a winner (“Winner”). Sponsor will continue this process until Winners have been named all the Prizes have been awarded.
Return of any Prize Notification or Sweepstakes Documents as undeliverable will result in disqualification, and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. Sponsor shall repeat the winner selection and notification procedures set forth in this Section until a qualified Winner has been selected.
In the event that the Grand Prize becomes available due to Winner’s inability to travel and take the Trip, Sponsor will attempt to select alternate Potential Winners. Sponsor’s continued qualification of Potential Winners to travel and take the Trip thereafter will be at Sponsor’s sole discretion, however; in any eventuality, where Sponsor cannot qualify a Winner that can travel and take the Trip, Sponsor will provide a Prize of equivalent value to the Entrant who is ultimately selected as the Grand Prize Winner.
6. PRIZE AND ODDS OF WINNING:
One (1) Grand Prize:
- One (1) trip for two (2) (the Winner and one eligible Guest) to Dallas, TX from September 18, 2019 until September 22, 2019 (the “Trip”). - One (1) VIP Experience for Winner and one eligible Guest to attend Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Guitar Festival in Dallas; and access to the Crossroads Special Hospitality Event (the “Concert”). - The Trip includes coach airfare (from a major hub within the continental United States), hotel (5 days/4 nights/double occupancy), and local transportation to/from the airport the Concert and spending cash. Actual value of the Trip will vary depending on point of departure. Dates and other specifics of all travel are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All aspects of specifics of the Trip accommodations are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. (ARV of the Trip and Concert: $4,000)
- One (1) Crossroads merchandise package. (ARV: $250)
- One (1) Ernie Ball String and Accessory package (ARV: $1,017) this package contains the following Ernie Ball products: Five (5) sets of Paradigm Strings, One (1) box of Slinky Strings, One (1) box of Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Strings, One (1) box of Ukulele Strings, Five (5) sets of Slinky Bass Strings, One (1) 40th Anniversary VP Pedal, One (1) Expression Tremolo Pedal, One (1) Black Polypro Strap, One (1) Pickholder Strap, One (1) 10’ Braided Cable, One (1) 30’ Coiled Cable, 1 (1) pack of Everlast Picks, One (1) pack of Prodigy Picks, One (1) set of Drink Coasters, One (1) set of Pint Glasses, One (1) Flextune Tuner, One (1) Musician’s Tool Kit, One (1) Power Peg Pro, One (1) roll gaff tape, One (1) Medium Glass Slide, and One (1) hat.
Actual value of the Trip will vary depending on point of departure. Dates and other specifics of all travel are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All aspects and specifics of the Trip accommodations are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Total ARV of Grand Prize: $5,267
Five (5) First Place Prizes
- Five (5) First Place Prize Winners will each win on Fender Modern Player Telecaster Plus Electric Guitar in Honeyburst finish with Maple Fretboard (ARV: $500)
Total ARV of all First Place Prizes: ($2,500)
Total ARV of all Prizes: ($7,767)
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning.
7. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Selection and specifics of the Prize will be determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion. All prizes are subject to availability. If any portion of the Prize, including the Trip, is not possible for any reason, that portion of the Prize will be subject to substitution at the sole discretion of Sponsor. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. Prize is non-transferable. The Prize is awarded “AS IS” and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
Winner may not sell the Guest ticket and any attempt to do so will be void and the Winner will forfeit the Prize. In order to be considered an eligible Guest, Guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old, and must sign (and if the Guest is an eligible minor as defined in his/her state of residence, his/her parent/legal guardian must also sign) and return a Liability/Publicity Release which must be received by Sponsor at the time that the Sweepstakes Documents are timely received by the Potential Winner, or the Prize will be forfeited and the Prize award process will follow the winner selection process described in Section 5 above. Actual travel dates for the Trip, including departure date, will be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All travel dates and travel and hotel arrangements are subject to change and availability, holiday and blackout dates. Winner and any proposed eligible Guest must be able to travel or the Prize will be forfeited. Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time/double occupancy. Additional travel conditions, limitations and restrictions may apply. Winner and any proposed eligible Guest are responsible for obtaining and paying the cost of any necessary travel documents and authorizations. Sponsor is not responsible for Trip, travel complications, program, or flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or prize items.
8. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is advised to seek counsel regarding tax liabilities associated with the Prize. All expenses and incidentals not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the responsibility of Winner, including but not limited to, purchases, meals, beverages, airport transport, service fees, medical services, personal expenses, telephone calls, immigration fees, governmental travel authorizations and respective costs, insurance, taxes, gratuities, and other costs. Winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize.
10. INTERNET: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes or web site, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the online portion of the Sweepstakes without notice and to select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation or termination, plus entries received from all other methods of entry. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
11. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
13. WINNER’S LIST: For a winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Crossroads Fly Away” Sweepstakes, Winner's List, c/o Guitar Center Stores, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362, to be received no later than June 30, 2020.
TM and © 2019. Guitar Center Stores, Inc. All rights reserved.