Gibson Les Paul Standard '60s Faded Electric Guitar Vintage Cherry Sunburst
Videos (1)View All
Faded Series | Gibson Original Collection
The Gibson Les Paul Standard '60s Faded electric guitar pays tribute to Gibson's golden era of innovation. It features a satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish that gives it the look and feel of a long-treasured companion. The solid mahogany body is paired with an AA figured maple top, and a SlimTaper '60s-style mahogany neck with a rosewood fingerboard and trapezoid inlays.
Burstbucker 61 Pickups Provide a Vintage-Voiced Tone
The Les Paul Standard '60s Faded is equipped with Gibson's acclaimed open-coil Burstbucker pickups. Loaded with Alnico 5 magnets and hand-wired to CTS potentiometers and Orange Drop capacitors, these pickups produce a warm, rounded tone reminiscent of the original PAF humbuckers from the late 1950s.
ABR-1 Bridge and Aluminum Stopbar Tailpiece
The Gibson Les Paul Standard '60s Faded features an ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge and aluminum stopbar tailpiece for solid string anchoring and precise intonation. Combined with the hand-selected tonewoods, these components help produce sustain for days and a musicality unique to Les Pauls.
Vintage-Style Appointments and Playability
Gold top hat knobs with silver reflectors and dial pointers, Grover Rotomatic kidney tuners, and a hardshell case complete the vintage-inspired feel. A slim-taper neck profile and 12" fretboard radius provide a fast, fluid playing feel sought after by today's guitarists.
Now at Guitar Center
The Gibson Les Paul Standard '60s Faded is a sublime recreation of a pivotal era in Les Paul history and is now available for today's players to experience the sound, feel, and mojo of a well-loved vintage instrument.
- Mahogany body with an AA figured maple top
- Mahogany neck in a SlimTaper profile
- Rosewood fingerboard with 22 frets and acrylic trapezoid inlays
- Burstbucker 61R at the neck and Burstbucker 61T at the bridge
- Body type: Single cutaway
- Top wood: AA figured maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Satin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck shape: SlimTaper
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Neck finish: Satin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Material: Rosewood
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Acrylic trapezoids
- Nut width/material: 1.69" (43 mm) Graph Tech
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary humbucker
- Control layout: Volume 1, Volume 2, Tone 1, Tone 2
- Special electronics: Hand-wired with Orange Drop capacitors
- Bridge type: Fixed bridge
- Bridge design: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Aluminum stopbar
- Tuning machines: Grover Rotomatic with kidney buttons
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 string
- Case: Hardshell case
- Orientation: Right-handed