The Custom Shop Historic Reissue 1942 Banner Southern Jumbo features the vibe of a vintage Gibson Acoustic. The Thermally Aged Adirondack red spruce top and rosewood back and sides have outstanding tonal response and superior playability. At home playing first position chords or picking lead blues licks, the Gibson Southern Jumbo is a versatile instrument. Displaying the "Only a Gibson is Good Enough" banner on the headstock, this custom instrument also includes an open slot bridge, a bone saddle and nut and the classic 1.77" nut width.
- Thermally aged red spruce top, rosewood back and sides
- C-shaped mahogany neck, compound dovetail neck-to-body joint, 12” radius rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl parallelogram inlays, rosewood bridge
- Open back tuning machines with cream buttons
- Thin nitro VOS finish
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Thermally Aged Adirondack red spruce
- Back & sides: Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing, red spruce braces with hide glue
- Body finish: Thin finish nitrocellulose, VOS
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1.77"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Number of frets: 19
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Tuning machines: Open back with cream buttons
- Bridge: Belly down, open slot
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Case: Included
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit