Gibson Custom 1963 Les Paul SG Custom Reissue Main Features
- 1-piece solid mahogany body
- 1960s SlimTaper mahogany neck, block inlays
- Three Custombucker humbuckers
- ABR-1 bridge with Long Maestro Vibrola
- Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged finish
Sleek beveled edges and two sharp cutaways are the prominent body features of the 1963 Les Paul SG Custom. The lightweight mahogany tonewood used matches the exact construction methods and contours of those original builds. This design is just as comfortable and playable today as it was then.
Smooth, SlimTaper Neck
One reason the 1963 Les Paul Custom Gibson remains a classic electric guitar is for its natural, slick feel. A period-accurate 1960s SlimTaper neck profile allows effortless exploration of the entire 24.75" scale. The hardness of the deluxe ebony fingerboard also makes it easy to lay in percussive finger-tapping and hammer-ons.
Three Custombucker humbuckers deliver legendary PAF tone just like the 1963 SG. These vintage-voiced pickups are as close as possible to genuine ‘50s PAFs. They fully capture the authentic tone that classic rock and blues enthusiasts love.
Tom Murphy was instrumental in setting up the Gibson Custom Shop. For the last 25 years, he’s perfected the art and science of aging instruments. Murphy’s team gives this Les Paul SG a very lightly aged finish—only the lightest touches are utilized. You’ll see unique lacquer checking with minimal playing wear.
The Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1963 Les Paul SG comes with a certificate of authenticity and an aged brown and pink Lifton reissue 5-latch hard case.
- 1960 Slim Taper neck with 22 medium-jumbo frets
- Solid ebony fingerboard
- Very lightly aged with the Murphy Lab aging process
- Three Custombucker Alnico III pickups
- ABR-1 bridge
- Hardshell case included
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Top wood: Mahogany
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Neck shape: SlimTaper
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Vintage
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl Block
- Nut width/material: 1.687"/Nylon
- Configuration: HHH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Middle: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Control layout: Individual volume, Individual tone
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Tailpiece: Vibrato
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Hardshell case
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Country of Origin: United States