Gibson Custom 1957 Les Paul Custom 2-Pickup Reissue Features
- Solid mahogany body with Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aging
- Mahogany neck with Chunky C-profile, Indian rosewood fretboard
- Dual CustomBucker Alnico III pickups, 3-way switch
- ABR-1 tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, Kluson Waffleback tuners
Historic Construction & Authentic AgingThe 1957 Les Paul Custom has a solid one-piece mahogany body that's warm and resonant. Murphy’s team gives it an Ultra Light aging—moderate lacquer checking with very little play wear. It appears to be a Les Paul that has spent decades protected in its case.
Period-Correct NeckFans of ‘50s neck profiles will dig the Murphy Lab Les Paul Custom. The mahogany neck sports a Chunky C-shape for a fat—but not baseball bat—feel. The Indian rosewood fretboard has rolled, comfortable edges. It feels like a vintage Gibson.
Pickups From the PastGibson saves its best pickups for Custom Shop instruments. This Les Paul is loaded with dual Custombuckers. They're the last word in vintage-style P.A.F. pickups, and are unpotted for historical accuracy.
Historic HardwareThe Murphy Lab Les Paul Custom locks in the tone with a lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece and a no-wire ABR-1 bridge. The Kluson Waffleback tuners are period-correct. All of the hardware is in gold with a VOS patina.
The Gibson Custom Murphy Lab 1957 Les Paul Custom comes with a certificate of authenticity and an aged brown and pink Lifton reissue 5-latch hard case.
- Solid mahogany body
- Solid ebony fingerboard with 22 frets
- Chunky C-profile neck
- 1950s mother-of-pearl inlays
- No-Wire ABR-1 bridge
- Two Custombucker Alnico III pickups
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Body Type: Single-Cutaway Solid Body
- Top wood: Mahogany
- Body wood: Solid Mahogany
- Neck shape: Chunky C
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Material: Solid Ebony
- Radius: 12"
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl
- Nut width/material: 1.687"/Nylon
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Locking
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States