The Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 is a 16 In/8 Out FireWire audio interface designed for the modern home studio environment. An unparalleled preamp legacy forms the foundation, with 2 award-winning Focusrite preamps. Legendary sonic performance and a host of I/O options combine in the Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 with the very latest in mix control software to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.
Focusrite's popular Saffire Firewire interfaces are fully compatible with Thunderbolt ports on Mac computers. All you need to connect the two is a FireWire 400-800 cable (included with all new Saffire interfaces later this year) and the Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 adapter (not included). Simply plug this into the Thunderbolt port on your computer and connect the FireWire interface - it's as simple as that. Saffire interfaces are 100% compatible with Thunderbolt using this adaptor.
All Saffire FireWire and Thunderbolt-compatible interfaces now come bundled with Focusrite's Midnight plug-in suite for free upon registration. The Midnight plug-in suite models two of the most iconic Focusrite modules of all time - the ISA110 equaliser and ISA130 compressor - and gives them elegant, functional on-screen front panels for easy control.
Note: Includes the Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite (AAX/AU/VST) upon registration of interface. Accurately modeled on the classic Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor, the Red plug-ins let you exploit the sound of the hardware originals, conveniently from within Pro Tools (10 and above) and other audio software.
- 2 high-quality, award-winning Focusrite mic-pres ” Focusrite interfaces are always the best-sounding interfaces in their class
- High Quality 24-bit/96kHz Firewire Interface ” Features professional conversion and JetPLL jitter elimination technology, guaranteeing pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization
- Total I/O count of 16 inputs and 8 outputs- A host of I/O options are provided, including a unique loopback facility for routing audio between software applications via Saffire Mix Control
- Saffire Mix Control latency-free DSP Mixer/Router ” This 18 x 8 DSP mixer provides truly flexible routing and monitoring capabilities alongside intuitive one-click setup solutions
- Class-leading LED metering ” 5-LED metering offers accurate viewing of analogue input levels direct from the front panel
- Focusrite VST /AU Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix ” Upgrade your standard sequencer effects with Focusrite Compression, Reverb, Gating and EQ VST/AU plug-ins
- Unmatched routing flexibility ” Setup for any recording session quickly and intuitively. Route any input signal or DAW output, or a mix of both, to any of the outputs
- Dedicated front-panel headphone bus
- Two Hi-Z instrument inputs
- Tactile Main Monitor Dial
- Switchable phantom power
- Software PFL
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 106dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -105.3dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- THD+N: 0.001% (measured at 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: EIN > 125dB (128dB analogue to digital) (measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Maximum level (A-weighted): 8.6dBu at 1%
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 106.5dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -106dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N (A-Weighted): < 0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Maximum level (A-weighted): 16.3dBu at 1%
- Frequency Response 20Hz-20KHz +/- 0.1dB
- Maximum Input Level min gain no pad +8dBu
- Maximum Input Level max gain no pad -42dBu
- THD+N, -1dBFS, min gain, no pad < 0.0015%
- SNR 105dB "A"
- DNR 105dB "A"
- Input Impedance > 1MOhm
- X-talk < -100dB
- Adjustable Gain > 50dB
- Pad Attenuation 10dB
Line level Outputs
- Frequency Response 20Hz-20KHz +/- 0.1dB
- SNR 105dB "A"
- DNR 105dB "A"
- Maximum Output into 32R +12.4dBu (+10.2dBV)
- Power into 32R 250mW
- Output Impedance < 7Ohms
- Load Impedance > 24Ohms
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 105dB
- SNR (A-weighted): -104.5dB
- THD+N: < 0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Maximum level (A-weighted): 16.13dBu at 0.885%
- Additional Conversion Performance
- Clock jitter < 250 picoseconds
- THD+N AMPL (A-weighted)= -107dBFS
- Analogue Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-4)
- 2 x XLR Mic/Line Neutrik Combi-Jacks (Inputs 1-2)
- 2 x XLR Instrument Neutrik Combi-Jacks (Instrument on inputs 1 and 2 only) Automatic switch of Mic / Line (inserting a jack switches from Mic to either Line or Instrument (instrument selected via the software control panel)Line inputs 3-4 have low and high gain settings can be controlled from the Saffire MixControl software (low gain being the default)
- Digital Channel Inputs (Inputs 5-14) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF input on RCA
- 1 x 8 channel ADAT input on Optical Connector (SDPIF 3&4 set in preferences menu)
- Analogue Audio Outputs (Outputs 1-6)
- 6 x TRS analogue outputs (Outputs 1-6)
- 1 x TRS stereo headphone output (same as outputs 3 & 4)
- Digital Channel Outputs (Outputs 7-8) 44.1-96kHz
- Stereo S/PDIF output on RCA
- 1 x 6-pin FireWire socket
- 2 Standard 5-pin DIN MIDI connectors: In and Out
- 12V DC power input connector for use with external PSU
- Weight and Dims
- 1.6kg / 3.5 lb
- 215mm / 8.5" (W) x 45mm / 1.8" (H) x 220mm / 8.65" (D)
All Focusrite products are built to the highest standards and should provide reliable performance for many years, subject to reasonable care, use, transportation and storage.
In the event of a Manufacturing Defect becoming evident within 12 months from date of purchase Focusrite undertakes that the product will be repaired or replaced free of charge if the product is returned to the authorised dealer from whom it was purchased. In these circumstances, or if you need an out-of-warranty repair to your Focusrite product, please contact your local Focusrite distributor in your country of residence or business : Find your local distributor here and you will be advised of the correct return procedure.
Alternatively contact the Focusrite Reseller from which you purchased the product. If you purchase a Focusrite product outside your country of residence or business you will not be entitled to ask your local Focusrite Distributor to honour this Limited Warranty, although you may request a chargeable repair.
Alternatively, the unit may be returned at your cost to the dealer you purchased the unit from so that they can organise a Warranty repair with their Focusrite Distributor.
This Warranty does not include cost of shipping to and from the authorised dealer from whom it was purchased. In every case it will be necessary to provide the original invoice or store receipt to accompany the defective product to the supplying dealer. This Limited Warranty is offered solely to the first purchaser of the product from an Authorised Focusrite Reseller (defined as a reseller which has purchased the Product directly from Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd. in the UK or its Authorised Distributors outside the U.K,) and is not transferable.
This Warranty is in addition to your Statutory Rights in the country of purchase.
Please note: A Manufacturing Defect is defined as a defect in the performance of the product which may be expected from a reasonable interpretation of the published description and performance specifications as published by Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd. This does not include damage caused by post-purchase transportation, storage or careless handling, nor damage caused by misuse.
A significant proportion of products returned under Warranty (which are very few in number compared to numbers sold) are found not to exhibit any fault at all. Please check that the mains voltage is correctly set for your local supply and that your connecting cables are in good order and correctly connected.
If in doubt about the product functions please read the user guide and if necessary contact your dealer for advice before returning the product to the supplying dealer. You can also contact the Focusrite Tech Support team at the Focusrite Answerbase for general advice.