From its beginnings as part of Fender's limited-edition Alternate Reality series, the Meteora has been a truly standout design. As an integral part of the Fender Player Plus line, the design has been further advanced with playability features and pickups that take the space-age design even further towards its futuristic promise. Sharing critical features with the rest of the line, the Fender Player Plus Meteora stands as a testament to Fender's tradition of player-friendly innovation.
A Body With Tone
When the Meteora body style was introduced as a part of Fender's 2014 Alternate Reality series, the limited-edition guitar sold out almost immediately. The futuristic look was obviously a hit, and Fender brings it back in style with the Player Plus Meteora guitars. With a resonant alder body and a variety of available finishes, the Meteora hands extra added style and tone on your guitar strap.
Fender brings the player-forward features of the Player Plus series necks to the Meteora. The satin-finish Modern C profile neck with its rounded-edge, 12"-radius fingerboard is fast and easy to play, whether for shredding or for hauling out some futuristic blues licks. The Fender Player Plus Meteora's slightly widened, 1.685" (42.8 mm) nut width makes hybrid and fingerstyle picking smoother and easier while not inhibiting straight flat-picking technique.
Fender's Fireball humbuckers are a key feature of the Meteora. Designed with ample output for high-gain players, but with plenty of dynamic range, they'll fit into almost any playing style. For added versatility, an S-1 switch in the volume knob enables quick-and-easy coil splitting, to head straight into classic single-coil sounds. An entirely new pickup design, developed expressly for the Fender Player Plus Meteora, the Fireball is yet another way in which this guitar stands apart.
The Right Whammy
The Fender Player Plus Meteora also boasts Fender's renowned 2-point synchronized tremolo bridge for whammy bar action that can range from subtle to extreme. Tuning stability, even with serious dive-bombs, is solid, thanks to the pairing with a self-lubricating synthetic bone nut and Fender's locking tuners.
A Stylish Choice
From its sonic versatility to serious playability, the Fender Player Plus Meteora is far more than just an extremely cool-looking instrument. Fender's tradition of offering innovation that dovetails with playability is on full display here, with a change for any player to make that aesthetic statement without compromising on what we all play guitar for—making great music.
- Resonant, gloss-finished alder body with innovative body style
- 22 medium-jumbo fret, Modern C profile neck with rounded-edge 12"-radius maple fingerboard, 1.685" nut width
- High-powered Fireball humbuckers with S-1 switching coil-split
- 2-point fulcrum vibrato with high-mass steel-block saddles, locking tuners
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss polyester
- Neck wood: Maple
- Neck shape: Modern C
- Neck finish: Satin urethane with gloss urethane headstock face
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Black dots
- Nut width/material: 1.685"/Synthetic bone
- Bridge: Fireball humbucking
- Neck: Fireball humbucking
- Special electronics: Master volume, tone 1 (neck pickup), tone 2 (bridge pickup)
- Bridge design: 2-point synchronized tremolo with brushed steel block saddles
- Tuning machines: Deluxe cast/sealed locking
- Hardware finish: Nickel/chrome
- Case: Deluxe gig bag included