The Player Plus Jazz Bass V leverages features borrowed from some of Fender's top-tier USA-made instruments to expand the popular Ensenada-built Player Series and create a five-string powerhouse that meet the needs of touring pros and serious enthusiast players. With the power of Fender's latest generation noiseless pickups and a 3-band active EQ, players have access to an amazing range of bass tones, suitable for any genre or style. Plus, it plays like a dream.
- Resonant, gloss-finished alder body with classic offset J-Bass contours and spectacular finishes
- 20 medium-jumbo fret, Modern C profile 5-string maple neck with rounded-edge 12"-radius pau ferro fingerboard, 1.875" nut width for easy fretting, and hours of comfort
- 4th-generation noiseless pickups with deferrable 3-band active EQ
- Fender HiMass bridge for increased sustain and locking tuners for smooth action, stability and more sustain
Fender Player Plus Jazz Bass V Main Features
The smooth contours of the offset body of a Fender Jazz Bass is instantly identifiable, as are the classic Fender finishes, from sunburst to custom colors. The Player Plus Jazz Bass V is a proud carrier of that tradition. Made of resonant alder, these J-Bass models carry that signature tone, and in your choice of several classic finishes, plus the new Belair Blue linear burst finish, they're a standout at any show, large or small.
Maximum Playing Comfort
The biggest upgrades for the Player Plus Jazz Bass V lie in the neck. A neck may be the single most important part of any bass, since it serves are the direct interface to the instrument for any player. The traditional 34" scale is the same, but the new 12" fingerboard radius makes for quicker, easier playing and rolled edges add to long term playing comfort. Medium-jumbo frets add to both precise intonation and easier fretting.
Electronics That Sing
After the neck, the pickups are the center of any electric instrument's tone, and the Player Plus Jazz Bass V is endowed with the latest generation of Fender's Noiseless Jazz Bass pickups. With the ability to go from smooth and crystal-clear to growling and aggressive while eschewing any background hum, these pickups carry the signature Jazz Bass tones to new worlds of tonal satisfaction. Adding to the bass' versatility is Fender's 3-band active EQ. With cut and boost for highs, mids and lows, it's easy to dial in any precise tone, and, for occasions when passive is preferable, flip the mini toggle switch and bypass the EQ altogether.
Built From the Bottom
Sustain, precise intonation, resonance and tuning stability are some of the most important attributes of any bass. The Player Plus Jazz Bass V has all these, thanks to Fender's HiMass bridge and traditional open-gear tuners. The mass of the bridge and saddles couples easily with the body while adding a solid foundation for increased sustain. Intonation adjusts smoothly and precisely with the chrome-plated zinc saddles. Fender's bass tuners have been a touchstone for stability and remain one of the simplest and best tuning machine designs.
A New Classic in the Making
Who is the Player Plus Jazz Bass V for? We think it's for any player who's been looking to up their game with a bass that features solidly pro features and great looks while delivering tremendous value. The migration of key features from some of Fender's top-tier instruments to the Player Plus Series makes them suitable for serious enthusiasts, touring pros and anybody who just wants a great-sounding, great-playing bass.
- Alder body
- Maple neck with C profile, pau ferro fretboard
- Dual Player Plus Noiseless Jazz Bass single coils, 3-band active/passive EQ
- HiMass bridge, open-gear tuners
- Shape: C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34”
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: Proprietary Single Coil
- Bridge: Proprietary Single Coil
- Control layout: Master volume
- Material: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material/width: Synthetic Bone/1.875"
- Body Type: Solid Body Double Cutaway
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Bridge/Tailpiece: High Mass
- Tuning machines: Open-gear
- Color: Hybrid
- Number of strings: 5 String
- Case: Gig Bag
- Country of origin: Mexico
- Orientation: Right-Handed