This limited-edition Fender Hot Rod Deluxe IV combo amp is wrapped in lacquered tweed, calling back to its classic ’50s ancestors. On the inside, it's the same scorching, bluesy tube amp that made Hot Rod the most popular amp series worldwide. That means the same all-tube design, the same high-gain preamp, and the same three channels: Clean, Drive, More Drive. That formula produced one of the most versatile amps ever made. With the Hot Rod Deluxe VI, Fender keeps the essentials while adding a few modern improvements. Guitar Center is excited to offer it with this limited-edition throwback look.
Fender Limited-Edition Hot Rod Deluxe IV Lacquered Tweed Main Features
- 40W combo tube amplifier with three channels: Normal, Drive, More Drive
- Three 12AX7 tubes (preamp), two 6L6 tubes (power) and 1x12" Celestion A-Type speaker
- Enhanced with increased note definition, lighter cabinet and smoother spring reverb
- Limited-edition lacquered tweed exterior with throwback badges
The Go-To Combo for the Music IndustryNo amplifiers appear in more backlines than Fender Hot Rod. Since emerging in the late ’90s, the HR series has brought the simple, tube-powered design of Fender Blues amps back to the forefront of music. The Hot Rod Deluxe IV combo keeps that tradition alive. It starts with a clean guitar sound inspired by the tweed amps of the ’50s. But engage the Drive and More Drive channels, and you'll overload the tubes until they really sing, with the distinctive sustain that defines the series. The genuine spring reverb circuit is there, too, and a presence knob for leaning into the upper midrange. This limited-edition Hot Rod Deluxe IV comes with a 2-button Fender footswitch for conducting it all on the fly.
Classic Tubes and a Speaker UpgradeBut first things first: the tubes. Hot Rod amps are built around two 6L6GC and three 12AX7 tubes. Together, these form an all-tube power amp and preamp. This simple design gives these combos their characteristic tone and reliability. But there's always room for improvement, too. With the HR Deluxe IV, Fender upgraded to a speaker that's truly fit for a legend: a Celestion A-Type speaker with a single 12" driver.
Subtle Improvements Requested by PlayersFender doesn't change such a legendary amp for no reason. Every enhancement to the Hot Rod Deluxe IV was requested by players. Firstly, the traditional spring reverb has been tweaked to respond more smoothly. This change keeps the perfectly imperfect warmth of a real spring, while reducing clangs and wobbles. The preamp circuitry has also been modified for more note definition, allowing players to push further into distortion while staying musical. And to hold it all together, Fender has switched to a real pine cabinet.
Limited-Edition Tweed Covering and Color SchemeThe Hot Rod series descends from the original Fender tweed amps, the ones that started it all. In a nod to that history, this special version of the Hot Rod Deluxe IV sports the same lacquered tweed covering. It's a timeless look, enhanced with throwback badges and a black grille cloth. Like the Hot Rod series itself, this limited-edition amp is a thrilling mix of old and new.
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Power: 40W (tube)
- Tubes: three 12AX7 (preamp); two 6L6 (power amp)
- Three channels: normal, drive, more drive
- Two inputs: normal, -6dB
- Speaker: 1x12 Celestion A-Type
- Controls: Presence, Reverb, Master Volume, Middle, Bass, Treble, Drive Select Switch, Drive Volume, Bright Switch
- Effects: Reverb
- Effect loop
- Cabinet Material: Lightweight solid pine
- Covering: Limited-Edition lacquered tweed
- Grille Cloth: Lightly-aged silver
- Handle: Molded plastic strap with nickel-plated caps
- Knobs: Chicken-Head Style Pointer – Ivory
- Pilot Light Jewel: Red Jewel
- Footswitch: 2-button footswitch included
- Cover: Included
- Dimensions: 18.75" x 23.5" x 10.5" (47.6 x 59.7 x 26.7 cm)
- Weight: 41 lb. (18.59 kg)