With the American Performer series, Fender brings a whole new level of accessibility to quality, Made in USA guitars, with redesigned pickups, fresh hardware, colorful finishes and some subtle rethinking. The American Performer Jazzmaster stands out as a reimagining of Fender's 1958 flagship design.
The original offset, dressed for success
Starting with Fender's groundbreaking 1958 offset body design, a look that still has echoes of the future 60 years later, the American Performer Jazzmaster starts by dressing the guitar in a variety of striking finishes. Available in classic looks with 3-color sunburst and vintage white, this Jazzmaster also comes in Fender's shiny new penny finish and in a subtle satin Lake Placid blue, offset by cream pickup covers and a tortoiseshell-pattern pickguard.
Sure, they call it "jazz"
Despite the name, the Jazzmaster found favor across multiple genres, from surf to punk to alternative. Besides the look, the distinctive tone of Fender's flat-bobbin single coils had a lot to do with it, bringing a subtly different tone to the table. For the American Performer Jazzmaster, Fender revisited and redesigned these to create the new Yosemite Jazzmaster pickup. They also added Fender's unique Greasebucket tone circuit that lets you roll back treble without getting muddy, for tones that are mellow, but still speak clearly.
The shiny stuff
Besides redesigning the pickups, Fender took a good look at the American Performer Jazzmaster's hardware. Adding the Strat Synchronized Tremolo bridge was a no-brainer, as it's the standard in "whammy" bridges with six-and-a-half decades of testimonials. They also added ClassicGear split-post tuning machines for increased tuning stability. As a final touch, the oversized headstock proudly carries a '70s-style silver Fender logo.
- Gloss-finish solid alder body
- 25.5"-scale maple neck 22-fret, 9.5"-radius rosewood fingerboard
- Fender flat-staggered polepiece Yosemite single-coil pickups, 3-way switch
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge, ClassicGear tuners
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Body shape: Offset
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Polyester
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C modern
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 7.25 in.
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material: 1.65 in. (42 mm) Synthetic Bone
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Single-coil
- Bridge: Single-coil
- Brand: Fender
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle vintage-style synchronized tremolo
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Gig bag
- Country of origin: United States