From the new Inspired by Gibson Collection, the Epiphone SG Standard '61 is a recreation of the rare 1961 Gibson SG from its first year of production. Now available at Guitar Center, the Epiphone SG Standard '61 features a classic mahogany body and mahogany neck in a Vintage Cherry finish. A set of powerful ProBucker humbucking pickups and premium hardware round out this iconic-looking and -sounding axe.
Epiphone SG Standard ’61 Main Features
- Mahogany body with a Vintage Cherry finish
- SlimTaper mahogany neck, 22-fret, 12" radius Indian laurel fretboard
- Dual ProBucker humbucking pickups with CTS electronics and 3-way switch
- LockTone ABR tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, Epiphone Deluxe Vintage machine heads with an 18:1 ratio, Graph Tech nut
Mahogany Body with a Vintage Finish
Mirroring the classic Gibson model, the Epiphone SG Standard '61 is constructed from an all-mahogany body. The mahogany body offers a warm, rich and well-balanced tone, and a good amount of depth. Completing the mahogany body is a classic Vintage Cherry finish.
SlimTaper neck construction
The classic SlimTaper neck construction is popular among Guitar Center customers for its fast touch and smooth playability. With its design, the SlimTaper neck promotes speed while reducing player fatigue. It's also made from mahogany, which extends the sonic depth of the mahogany body. It also includes an Indian laurel fretboard that adds to the guitar's vibrant tone, and a Graph Tech nut. Some of the more distinctive specifications include an upgraded headstock shape, which is based on Gibson's classic '60s Kalamazoo shape.
ProBucker with CTS Electronics
The Epiphone SG Standard '61 is equipped with two ProBucker humbucking pickups in the neck and bridge. Powered by their Alnico II magnets and CTS electronics, these pickups help the Epiphone SG Standard '61 churn out a plethora of sounds—from jazz to metal and beyond.
Classic Gibson-Inspired Hardware
Rounding out the Epiphone SG Standard '61 are its LockTone ABR tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece for ultimate tuning stability.
Other notable specifications include Epiphone Deluxe Vintage machine heads with an 18:1 ratio and a Graph Tech nut that enhances sustain and tonal balance. Additional features include trapezoid inlays and nickel hardware plating.
- Mahogany body with a Vintage Cherry gloss finish
- Slim taper mahogany neck in a gloss Cherry finish, 22-fret Indian laurel fretboard
- Probucker 2 neck pickups and Probucker 3 bridge pickups, 3-way switching
- LockTone ABR bridge and LockTone stopbar tailpiece, GraphTech nut