The “Dwell” control sets the length and thickness of the decay, which is to say that it controls how long the disembodied spirits of notes no longer with us float through the ether. At the maximum setting it will descend into an infinite loop of self-oscillation. The “Depth” sets the intensity of the reverb, which you probably know as the wet/dry mix, but EarthQuaker likes to think of it more as how scary the overall effect is.
The Ghost Echo is true bypass and built one at a time by a team of friendly ghosts in the never-ending hall of funhouse mirrors that is Akron, Ohio, USA.
- Upgraded op-amps for better performance and lower noise than v1 and v2
- Stronger reverb signal with 2x the output of the v1 and v2 Ghost Echo
- Recalibrated “Dwell” control capable of self-oscillations when all the way up
- New artwork
- Silent relay-based switching
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Cobalt metal powder, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Power: The Ghost Echo should be powered by a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!
- Current Draw: 80ma, Input impedance: 10M, Output impedance: 1K
- Switching: This device is true bypass and uses electronic relay based switching. Audio will not pass without power.