"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "5",
"placementNames" : "rrt1,rrt2,rr1,rr2,rr3"
Use code: ACC15 to save 15% on your qualifying purchase
Denis Wick DW6880 HeavyTop Series Trombone Mouthpiece in Silver
Large bore trombone. The classic euphonium model, also good for powerful trombonists.
Heavytop models use a completely different principle in not feeding back to the player the vibration of the instrument, transmitting all the energy through the bell. This gives a much more powerful sound when needed, more security in the high register and more control and focus in all registers.
- Diameter: 39.44 mm
- Cup Diameter: 26.00 mm
- Rim Width: 6.72 mm
- Bore Size: 7.38 mm
- Back Bore: Barrel
- 0AL: Large shank; 27.42mm cup diameter; 6.09mm rim width; 7.45mm throat; Barrel backbore. Clean low register with accurate attacks.
- 1AL: Large shank; 27.11mm cup diameter; 6.09 rim width; 7.45mm throat; Open backbore. Improved high range and open, free blowing sound.
- 4AL: Large shank; 26mm cup diameter; 6.72mm rim width; 7.38mm throat; Barrel backbore. Deep cup for a very big, open sound and full low register.
- 4.5AL: Large shank; 25.85mm cup diameter; 6.80mm rim width; 7.24mm throat; Barrel backbore. Wider rim for improved endurance and comfort with a big, full sound.
- 5AL: Large shank; 25.73mm cup diameter; 6.64mm rim width; 7.30mm throat; Barrel backbore. Full sound with resonant high register. Good choice for orchestral work.
- 5BL: Large shank; 25.73mm cup diameter; 6.64mm rim width; 6.87mm throat; Medium backbore. Medium-deep cup with a flexible high range. Excellent for principal players.
- 6BL: Large shank; 25.40mm cup diameter; 6.26mm rim width; 6.66mm throat; V-type backbore. Excellent high register with a crisp clear tone.
- 6BS: Small shank; 25.40mm cup diameter; 6.26mm rin width; 6.66mm throat; V-type backbore. Brilliant high register with increased endurance and intontation.
Questions & Answers View All