Innovation #1—Switchable Dual Inputs
Simple, elegant, intelligent. With the push of a button, you can switch between any two balanced line input sources. With zero fuss, you can instantly compare different mastering chains, test your mix against a reference, or to switch between recording and mixing mode—or use the inputs in any configuration you dream up. From the largest mix rooms, to elite mastering suites, to your home studio, the switchable inputs on the CONVERT-AD+ is about to make everyone’s life a lot easier.
Innovation #2—Proprietary Clip Guard Technology
The CONVERT-AD+ employs a proprietary technology that simply removes all clipping from your digital prints, but it never changes the sound—even when you’re clipping the converter on purpose for tonal artifacts. Today’s digital playback platforms (iTunes, Spotify, etc.) have filters (like highway cops) that scan for clipped masters and reject and/or attenuate them. Now you can clip your A-D converter to your heart’s content and never face the consequences.
Innovation #3—Zoomable Meters
In most circumstances, the dynamics of a mix or master reside in the zone between the average and the peak levels. With our meter zooming technology, you can zoom in on just the top 10dB of dynamic activity, allowing you a fine-grained look at what matters most when mixing and mastering. An incredibly helpful tool for the nuanced crafting of dynamics, you’ll soon wonder how you ever lived without zoomable meters.
Innovation #4—Switchable Transformers
It’s no secret that a pair of transformers at the end of a mixing or mastering chain can give your final prints added heft, character and articulation. With the CONVERT-AD+, just push a button and you’ve got a pair of Hammond transformers wired in series, ready to do that magic that transformers do. Hammond is a Canadian company with over 100 years of transformer design, and our circuit brings out all the bold colors.
Innovation #5—Emphasis Control
Analog designer Chris Muth leveraged his deep and esoteric knowledge of what engineers love and turned it into a simple and effective tool. When the transformers are switched in, the Emphasis kicks in a proprietary EQ/compression combo that brings a whole pallet of different colors to your mixing, mastering, and tracking work. Simply dial in the right amount, or none at all, until the smiles in the room get wider. In most cases, you’ll notice a stronger low-end footprint and a gentle saturation on the mids and highs. The more you play with it, the more you’ll learn how Emphasis can improve your music.
- Selectable Calibration Level cycles for compatibility with other devices
- Toggle between two discrete, selectable stereo inputs with two switchable stereo input paths
- Clip Guard will turn off the red light LED at your destination
- Premium custom crafted digital meter with Normal and Peak Hold modes
- Zoom lets you view only the top 10dB of your signal level, for a finer, magnified resolution
- Word Clock with three Modes: Internal, External and Master
- Comprehensive I/O: Two switchable stereo input paths, Dual AES Outputs, ADAT Optical Output, SPDIF Optical Output, SPDIF COAX output
- < 121dB
- < 118dB
- < 121dB
- < 118dB
- < 0.0011%
- < 0.00035%
- 20Hz to 40KHz: +0, -0.035dB
- 16ps (100Hz to 40KHz), 18ps (100Hz to 1MHz)
- > 118dBu @ 15 Hz – 40kHz, +/- 0.04 d