This unique acoustic-electric is also powered by Cole Clark’s own 3-way pickup system, which Cole Clark built from their believe that an amplified acoustic guitar should sound the same as it does unplugged, just louder. The concept behind Cole Clark’s 3-way pickup is best explained by comparing it to an audio system—each component is designed to hear a range of frequencies they are best equipped to handle, with crossover points for frequencies best heard by the next component. Cole Clark uses the same philosophy, combining a piezo system for the bottom end, a patented face sensor for the mid-range and a microphone for the top end.
Under Saddle Piezo
The Piezo system utilizes six individual piezo elements suspended under the bridge saddle.
Cole Clark knows that the face/top is the most important component to the sound of an acoustic guitar, so they utilized that tone when amplifying the guitar. They do this with their unique face sensor, which is specifically designed for the mid-range. Cole Clark uses a patented blend control that blends in the amount of face sensor required to go with the piezo sound, or to completely replace the piezo in the mid-range. This goes a long way in removing the “piezo quack,” delivering a more natural tone. With a maximum crossover point of 350hz, the face sensor cannot hear any frequency in its feedback zone, instead leaving those frequencies to the under saddle piezo.
The third element is a condenser microphone for the top end. This microphone is set well above any frequency zone that could cause it to feed and is purely there to take the “ping” out of the piezo if there is some piezo blended through at full range.
On your preamp you’ll find 2 knobs—one for volume and the other is used to add or remove frequencies that the face sensor is hearing. There are also sliders for treble, mids and bass response.
The Cole Clark Angel 2 Series Australian blackwood grand auditorium acoustic-electric also features Grover tuning machines and ships with a Cole Clark tweed hardshell case.
- Australian blackwood top, back and sides, inlaid timber binding, purfling and rosette
- Queensland maple neck, she oak bridge and 12” radius fretboard with abalone snowflake inlays
- Cole Clark 3-way pickup system, Grover tuning machines
- Nitro finish, Cole Clark tweed hardshell case included
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Wood dust, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- Body type: Grand Auditorium, Single Cutaway
- Top wood: Australian blackwood
- Back & sides: Australian blackwood
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose
- Fingerboard: She oak
- Neck wood: Queensland maple
- Scale length: 25.5”
- Bridge: She oak
- Saddle/Nut: Graph Tech TUSQ
- Pickup/preamp: Cole Clark 3-way pickup system
- Tuning machines: Grover
- Orientation: Right Handed
- Number of strings: 6
- Case: Cole Clark tweed hardshell case included
- Country of origin: Australia