Arturia’s MiniFreak features two sound engines that uniquely interact with each other for unique compound sonic behavior. With 6-voice polyphony, analog filters, FM and ring modulation, and the ability to process engine 1 through engine 2, MiniFreak puts premium polyphonic synth exploration into a compact and tactile instrument that’s as addictive as it is powerful.
Customizable and Experimental Sound Design
Embellishing the popular Freak modulation matrix, MiniFreak gives users even more control over shaping, transforming, and evolving their sound, with features like polyphonic ADSR envelopes, customizable multi-segment LFO shapes, and the familiar Spice & Dice randomization.
Mix-ready Stereo Sound
MiniFreak not only comes with stereo outputs for ultra-wide dual-engine sounds; it features three digital FX slots with 15 FX types to choose from. From stereo-enhancing chorus to surgical 3-band EQ, to gritty 6-mode distortion, users will have everything they need to push their sound over the edge while keeping it mix-ready.
Expression, Meet Chaos
Despite its penchant for wild & exploratory sound design, MiniFreak is also built as a responsive instrument of expression. Its velocity-sensitive 37-note keybed and responsive Seq/Arp functionality makes it a dream to perform with, while its randomization features and modulation lanes put playfulness and sonic momentum immediately at users’ fingertips.
MiniFreak comes with a dedicated VST counterpart, letting users totally integrate its unique hybrid sound into their DAW productions and vice versa. Using identical sound engines and architecture, it offers a like-for-like virtual experience of the synth itself, at no extra cost.
- 37-note velocity-sensitive Slim-key keybed with aftertouch
- Four lanes of automated modulation
- Performance Arpeggiator controls including Ratchet, Octave Switch and more
- MIDI in/out/thru
- USB connectivity
- Sustain, audio in and clock in/out connectivity
- Engine 2 can be used to process Engine 1
- Custom LFO and envelope curves
- Mod Matrix with 7 sources and 13 potential destinations
- OLED display for real-time visual feedback
- Keys: 37
- Polyphony: 6-voice
- Sound Engines: 2
- Oscillator modes: 22
- Envelope per voice: 1
- Cycling envelope per voice: 1
- LFOs per voice: 2
- Polyphonic analog filters and VCAs: 6
- Digital FX slots, in insert or send mode: 3 (with 15 FX to choose from)
- Sequencer: 64-step (4 pages of 16 steps)
- Stereo outputs: Yes
- Factory presets: 256
- User slots: 256