Drumstick Control is a snare drum technique method for the drum set player that concentrates on all of the popular and necessary strokes and combinations for today's contemporary drummer. All 40 PAS d... Click To Read More About This Product
Find a similar product below or contact us for a recommendation of a great alternative.
Call: 866-498-7882 Email
Drumstick Control is a snare drum technique method for the drum set player that concentrates on all of the popular and necessary strokes and combinations for today's contemporary drummer. All 40 PAS drum rudiments are presented in sections by stroke-type and include drum set applications for both time keeping and fill/solo ideas. This book is a complete technical method, organized in a realistic and step-by-step process that focuses on developing stick proficiency through an independent "hands-separate" approach. The exercises included represent a complete rudimental manual while providing the framework for
hand development, endurance and speed training, as well as ideas and workouts for a lifetime of "chop-maintenance."
Drumstick control brings new dimensions to the classic book Stick Control by introducing patterns, combinations, rudiments and stroke types in a methodical and progressive manor emphasizing an "independence based method".
Sticking combinations and workout pages are logically sequenced to build a solid two-limb foundation transitioning into four-limb linear drum set playing with additional drum set applications, written and performed by Russ Miller. In addition to the 40 PAS rudiments and their applications, over 100 hybrid rudiments are introduced.
1. Explanation of stroke types with exercises to help master a wide variety of rhythmic notation.
2. Exercises are categorized by stroke types allowing the student to isolate only the desired stroke type to be worked on. Many books combine stroke types too soon, causing the student and teacher to jump around or to have to create supplemental exercises.
3. Combination sections are graduated and only include the exact types of strokes being worked on.
4. No awkward transitions between exercises when Combination Pages are being used as workouts.
5. All 40 PAS International Drum Rudiments are presented by stroke type and have "Hands Separate" independence building exercises.
6. Introduces and emphasizes an "independence based method" to playing the rudiments, which is the best foundation for drumstick control applied immediately to drum set performance.
7. Drumset applications for both time functioning (including rock, funk, jazz, and world music styles) along with solo and fill ideas based on sticking patterns and stroke type.
8. All sticking patterns (including flams and drags) are presented in isolation first and then combined in later sections.
9. Popular hybrid rudiments such as "cheeses" and "flam-fives" along with a list of over 100 new hybrid combinations. This is the most complete list of hybrids available anywhere.
10. Notation is graduated to allow for teaching of basic rhythmic ratios and combinations from duple to triple rhythm and meter.
11. Workout pages are logically sequenced and include both right and left hand lead for a balanced development of the hands.
12. A snare drum sticking book and beginning drum set method book rolled into one.
13. Structured to be used in weekly lessons by a teacher or, with the CD examples, as a self-tutor book without a teacher.
14. All popular sticking combinations beyond the rudiments are included in this book.
15. The pages isolate duple and triple rhythm and then combine the rhythms to strengthen a student's sense of pulse and time-keeping ability.
16. A bigger variety to rhythmic patterns not found in other sticking books.
17. Foot independence exercises through ostinato and pattern layering.
18. The strongest two limb linear foundation with immediate application to 4 way coordination and linear drum set playing.
19. Presents the difference and exercises for "orchestral" or "concert" snare drumming and "rudimental" interpretation described in detail.
20. Includes illustrated stretches and information on proper muscle care and maintenance.
21. Voice independence (utilizing latin rhythms such as clave and cascara) and chop building and maintenance routines are included.
22. Rare snare drum/rudiment technique book with drum set applications
23. Complete hand workout & rudimental workout book