The 300 Series Limited Edition 314ce Grand Auditorium rewards players who employ a lighter attack, from fingerstylists to light strummers, with a warm and richly musical voice. Compared to a spruce-top guitar, its cedar top yields a more complex overtone profile with a more immediate response than spruce. This gives the guitar a mature, played-in sound right away. When combined with the bell-like upper overtone character of the rosewood body, together they impart a thick flavor to each note, even when played lightly. Clean appointments borrow from Taylor’s standard 2015 300 Series: black pickguard and binding, Italian acrylic dot inlays, 3-ring rosette, white top purfling, satin-finish back and sides with a gloss top, plus a Venetian cutaway and Expression System 2 electronics.
The most versatile and popular of Taylor’s guitar shapes. Its well-defined midrange contributes to a clear and balanced tone. It’s responsive enough for fingerstyle players and powerful enough for pickers and strummers to get a lively response. Think of it as a jack of all trades.
Western Red Cedar
Cedar is less dense than spruce, and its relative softness adds warmth to a guitar’s tone, especially for players with a softer touch, like fingerstylists or light to moderate strummers and pickers. Players with a strong attack are often better paired with spruce.
Indian rosewood’s sweeping frequency range at both ends of the tonal spectrum has made it one of the most popular and musically rich tonewoods. Its deep lows can assert a throaty growl, while bright, sparkling treble notes ring out with bell-like, high-fidelity clarity.
Expression System 2
Taylor’s breakthrough acoustic pickup marks a major advance in piezo technology thanks to a patented behind-the-saddle design. The unique placement of three piezo sensors captures a more dynamic range of acoustic sound and responds well in a variety of settings.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Yes - Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Western Red Cedar
- Back & sides: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard II Forward Shifted Pattern with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss 6.0 Top, Satin 5.0 Back and Sides
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 "professional audio"-grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Bass, Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel Tuners with Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Tusq Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Taylor New Technology ("NT") Neck System
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA