Those playing the Latin, Mariachi and South American styles recognise the Victoria. It fits into any ensemble with tone and clarity.Paracho Elite Guitars are made in the legendary mountain village of ... Click To Read More About This Product
Those playing the Latin, Mariachi and South American styles recognise the Victoria. It fits into any ensemble with tone and clarity.
Paracho Elite Guitars are made in the legendary mountain village of Paracho-high in the Sierra Madre Mountains of Mexico. Paracho artisans have been perfecting their craft for over 200 years. Many of the luthiers that work at the Paracho Elite shop are fourth and fifth generation musical instrument makers.
These hand crafted, quality guitars are made from some of the finest woods. Each guitar has it's own unique styling and beautiful inlay craftsmanship. Most importantly, they produce remarkable sound and are played by recording and performing professionals.
Bajo Sexto Tuning
1. Beginning at position 1 (equivalent to the 1st string on a guitar or little E), the first two strings are tuned, in unison, to the note of F. The pitch is equivalent to the F note which is found on the 3rd fret of the 4th string on a guitar.
2. At position 2, the next set of strings moving upward, both strings are tuned in unison to the note of C, equivalent to the C found at the 3rd fret of the 5th string on a guitar.
3. At position 3, the next two strings are tuned in unison to the note of G, equivalent to the G note found at the 3rd fret of the sixth string of a guitar.
4. At position 4, you will find two strings of different size. The smaller string is tuned to the note of D, equivalent to the open 4th string of a guitar, also found on a tuner. The larger string is tuned also to the note of D, one octave lower than the other string, which can be found on a bass tuner or simply tuned by ear, one octave lower than the smaller string.
5. At position 5, tune the smaller string to the note of A, equivalent to the open 5th string of a guitar, which is also found on a guitar tuner. The larger string is tuned one octave lower (A) or found on a bass guitar tuner.
6. At position 6, tune the smaller string to the note of E, equivalent to the open sixth string of a guitar, found on a guitar tuner. The larger string is tuned to the E pitch, one octave lower or with a bass tuner.
Case sold separately.
Solid cedar top
Cedar back and sides
Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
Case sold separately
Guitar Center's Pro Coverage
Pro Coverage gives you added warranty protection for your gear. Stepping in where the manufacturer's "normal wear and tear" coverage ends, our Pro Coverage program offers you upgraded coverage if your product ever fails Click To Read More About This Product.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Paracho Elite Guitars Victoria 12 String Bajo Sexto:
I have been playing Bajo Sexto/Quinto for over 10 years now. I have played many of different brands of bajo, everything from these mass produced Paracho Elites to the high end handmade Hernandez bajos (I own a Hernandez myself). I must say these are great for BEGINNERS only. By no means are these professional grade bajos, but there are many worse brands selling for much more online and in other retail stores. On the plus side these have solid tops and they really are made in the legendary town of Paracho, Michoacan (not handmade but better than nothing). In case your wondering, Guitar Center does offer Bajo Quintos as well in acoustic and acoustic/electric models. Which is great because pickups and installation on these can get expensive. The thing is, as I've come to learn, that these models are not online but available in select stores along South Texas. If you do pick one up I highly recommend 2 things. First, buy the warranty on these! The string tension on these bajos are super hard and can snap off the bridge or break your bajo at the neck joint. Trust me the warranty will save you a lot of hassle and heartache. Second, lower the string height because these are all made to be super high, take it into your local tech and have them adjust your truss rod and shave the saddle so it will be easier to play.