"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "3",
"placementNames" : "rr1,rr2,rr3"
PRS Gary Grainger 4-String Electric Bass with Maple Fretboard Charcoal Burst
The Grainger 4 is the evolution of the Private Stock Gary Grainger Bass line. As the primary designer of PRS's Private Stock basses, Gary (John Scofield, Dennis Chambers, Frank Gambali, etc.) collabor... Read More
The Grainger 4 is the evolution of the Private Stock Gary Grainger Bass line. As the primary designer of PRS's Private Stock basses, Gary (John Scofield, Dennis Chambers, Frank Gambali, etc.) collaborated with many bass artists, including Wyzard (Mother's Finest) and Kevin Walker (Justin Timberlake), to create a Core PRS bass with all the character and quality of Gary's Private Stock models but with a more universal appeal.
Knobs 1-2 are volume controls and passive/active switch:
Knob 1: Neck pickup volume.
Down = Active, Up = Passive If this knob is up and Knob 2 is down only the neck pickup (passive) is heard
Knob 2: Bridge pickup volume.
Down = Active, Up = Passive
If this knob is up and Knob 1 is down only the bridge pickup (passive) is heard.
If both knob 1 and knob 2 are in the up position, both pickups (passive) are heard.
Knobs 3-5 are a 3-band EQ control:
Knob 3: Bass EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
Knob 4: Mid EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
Knob 5: Treble EQ. Functions with pickups in active mode.
"These basses give me everything I need for recording and playing live...all the tone, clarity, power, and feel¦everything. They are works of art and great tools for working bassists." - Gary Grainger
- Shape: GG 4
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Info not available
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Yes
- Finish: Info not available
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: GG Bass
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: GG Treble
- Brand: PRS
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Active preamp: Info not available
- Special electronics: Active/passive mini-toggle switch
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 16"
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Birds
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.625" (41.275mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret: 2.25" (57.15mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Top wood: Flame maple
- Body finish: Info not available
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, bass EQ, mid EQ, treble EQ
- Pickup switch: Active/passive switch
- Coil tap or split: Info not available
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-Saddle adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
2 year warranty on parts, hardware, cases, and electronics. Limited lifetime warranty on all other products.
GUITAR CENTER'S PRO COVERAGE
Pro Coverage gives you added warranty protection for your new gear. Stepping in where the manufacturer's "normal wear and tear" coverage ends, our Pro Coverage program offers you upgraded coverage if your product ever fails Read More.
Pro Coverage includes
- Accidental damage protection (new gear only)
- Expedited repair
- Free shipping (for returns or repairs)
- 100% coverage for commercial use
- Extended return period
- Extended price protection
- No lemon guarantee
- Free transfer of coverage to a new owner
- Repair costs covered for up to three years from date of purchase
- Repair authorization-toll-free by phone or via the web