The Launchpad gets some refreshing enhancements.
Novation’s Launchpad is an instrumental choice when creating or performing music live, and now the updated Launchapad S adds even more enhancements to the previous version. The Launchpad S is class compliant (Mac, PC, iPad), features super bright LEDs, faster LED feedback and can be used with Ableton Live, FL Studio 11, BitWig, and all other major DAWs. You don't need advanced musical knowledge, just your own creativity. Overlay stickers are included in the box to provide layouts for the supported DAWs so you will always have a quick reference. Novation Launchpad S ships with Ableton Live Launchpad edition, and 1GB of high quality royalty free Loopmasters samples that will give you all the inspiration you need to start creating music.
Novation Launchpad S is class compliant meaning it can be used on any Mac, Windows PC, Linux PC, or even an iPad. New features include low-power mode, which allows direct connection to an iPad with camera kit without the need for a powered USB hub; identification mode, allowing easy setup with numerous Launchpads and multiple software.
Novation Launchpad is bus-powered from a single USB connection, and has a 10" square desktop footprint. Rubber feet ensure Launchpad stays secure on the surface on which it's placed, and an optional padded neoprene travel sleeve is available. It ships with a USB cable, plus a DVD ROM with Mac and PC installers for a special 'Launchpad Version' of Ableton Live 8, as well as 1GB of sample content from Loopmasters and Mike The Drummer. It also comes Automap enabled.
A Novation Launchpad can also control other DAWs and plug-ins using Novation's Automap control software. Automap can assign controls to software parameters on VST/AU/RTAS/TDM plug-ins by simply clicking on them, and touching a controller!
• Automap-enabled – For instant, intelligent control over VST/AU/RTAS/TDM plug-ins and all MIDI compatible standalone software applications.
• See what you're triggering – Automap provides a customizable heads-up transparent display across your computer screen. Ideal for seeing at a glance samples that you're about to trigger.
• Unleash the power of QWERTY keyboard shortcuts – Automap PRO, an optional upgrade available to purchase online, lets you assign almost any computer keyboard shortcut, and combinations thereof, to Launchpads buttons.
• Old-school MIDI control – Utilising Automap, Launchpad can operate as a standard MIDI controller, creating custom MIDI maps with 72 of its buttons transmitting either CC or MIDI note data.
• Flexible trigger platform for Max MSP and Reaktor programmers – Programmers can utilize variable brightness and multicolor LED states to their full advantage when designing new and innovative tools in Max MSP and Reaktor.