Performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best-loved classic condenser microphones.
The MA-300 is a multi-pattern large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone. Based upon the widely accepted MA-200 designed by David Royer, the MA-300 adds a continuously variable pickup pattern selector, 15dB pad and a switchable bass roll-off. The MA-300 gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Utilizing hand-selected, double diaphragm 3-micron capsules, high-quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-300 performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones. The MA-300 power supply can be set for 115V and 230V, 50 or 60 Hz, through an internal switch (100V is also available). Each MA-300 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case-within-a-case.
- Remotely controlled, continuously variable polar pattern selector
- Switchable 15dB pad
- Switchable Bass Roll-off
- Hand-selected 3-micron double diaphragm capsule
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tube
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- Ultra clean signal path
- Includes an aluminum case, AC power supply and cable, 16-foot microphone cable with 5-pin male and female connectors, and shock mount
- Recommended applications:
- Use anywhere you would use an expensive, large diaphragm tube microphone.
- Voice Over and Broadcast
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
Order a mic that will delivers years of superb performance.