Marshall's Kerry King signature practice amp, the MG10KK, is a 10-Watt, 2-channel combo amp with a 6.5" speaker. It features FDD: Frequency Dependent Damping, a speaker emulation that brings the sound... Click To Read More About This Product
Marshall's Kerry King signature practice amp, the MG10KK, is a 10-Watt, 2-channel combo amp with a 6.5" speaker. It features FDD: Frequency Dependent Damping, a speaker emulation that brings the sound of a big guitar speaker from your small practice amp driver. You also get a speaker-emulated line out that doubles as a CD-in, for playing along with your favorite recordings. A headphone jack, with the same great, emulated sound output, allows you to use your Marshall amp to shred in silence, without bothering roommates or neighbors. The classic gold Marshall panel has been stained red while its black knobs and tribal tattoo design are in stark contrast to its bold white text. The result is an amp that in Kerry's words truly has been "reigned in blood."
It also includes an exclusive Guitar Abuse tutorial DVD, commissioned by Marshall Amplification and filmed by Guitar World. Legendary Slayer guitarist, Kerry King, gives you a personal insight and demonstrates exactly what this diminutive beast can do.
The MG Series raises the standard for what can be expected from a value-for-money range of guitar amplifiers and defines a new benchmark.
1. Input jack: Use a good quality guitar (screened) cable to plug your guitar in here.
2. Clean VOLUME control: When the OD Select switch is 'out'; this control adjusts the volume of the Clean Channel. At low settings the sound will be very clean with a bell-like ring. Turning this control above half way will introduce a desirable, bluesy distortion as the power amplifier is driven into 'crunch mode'.
3. OD (Overdrive) SELECT switch: Depressing the Overdrive Select Switch will engage the Overdrive Channel.
4. Overdrive GAIN control: Turning up the Overdrive Gain Control will increase the amount of distortion generated in the Overdrive channel. Low gain settings will produce classic rock and blues tones. Crank the Gain for fat and aggressive sounds that are perfect for soloing or hard rock and nu-metal riffs.
5. Overdrive VOLUME control: The MG10KK cleverly combines its Line Out and CD Input functions. If you want to jam to your favorite CD or tape, merely connect the headphone output of your CD or tape player here, adjust the player's volume to match that of your guitar and 'hey-presto' ” you've got the perfect 'play-along' practice system. Alternatively, you can use this socket to connect the MG10KK to your multi-track recording machine and you'll get a great guitar sound direct to disk or tape. HELPFUL HINT: for 'silent' recording merely plug an unconnected jack plug to the headphone socket and you'll disconnect the MG10KK's internal speaker.
8. EMULATED HEADPHONES jack: Plug your headphones here for a killer speaker emulated sound! Doing this mutes your MG10KK amp's internal speaker for silent practice.
9. POWER Switch and LED: The power switch turns your amplifier on and off. The LED will be lit when your amplifier is on.
Guitar Abuse - with Kerry King
1. Gain Talk.
2. Tone Talk.
3. Take Your Pick.
4. Tuning Talk.
5. Rhythm & Bruise - Picking Pattern 1.
6. Rhythm & Bruise - Getting Down On Picking.
7. Rhythm & Bruise - Picking Pattern 2.
8. Rhythm & Bruise - Gallop & Reverse Gallop.
9. Rhythm & Bruise - Palm Muting.
10. Rhythm & Bruise - 'Survival Of The Fittest'.
11. Rhythm & Bruise - Inverted Power Chords.
12. 'Expendable Youth' 12 Tone Riff.
13. 'Expendable Youth' 12 Tone Riff Slowly.
14. Two Handed Tapping.
15. Don't Waste Time.
16. See Ya!!!
Reviewed by 5 customers
Displaying reviews 1-5
THIS THING IS A WICKED BEAST!!!!!!!!! I got it about a month ago and this thing is killer. When I first got home with this little amp I wanted to test it out so I put the volume about half way up. I played one note and it was so loud that even the neighbors complained. So for a 10 watt amp this thing pack quite the punch. Not only that but it is like six pounds and is very portable. As for the clean on this amp is pretty much that warm marshall sound, but when you put it on gain (or slayer mode) it sounds amazing. You can play classical rock to alternative like green day all the way down to slayer with kerry king. I totally recommend this amp to anyone who is buying their first amp.
Bought this amp a few weeks ago and wow..the sound that comes out is outstanding. I even found myself practicing without my metal zone pedal which is a first. Along with my Jackson and this amp I am a very happy camper. KFK and Marshall did a great job and I would recommend it to anyone.
You know how people say: don't judge a book by it's cover, well listen to them. I bought this amp about 3 months ago. It may be only 10 watts, but it plays like it's 50. Very good amp.
this amp is a frickin beast.i just love the overdrive. my neighbors were thinking that i was listening to the radio at full volume. it is just......the perfect amp. i got it as a graduation gift and i totally underestimated this thing. i was like "man what damage could this thing do? its so small" so i put it in full volume. next thing i know this guy made the wall shake because he was knocking so hard. the floor was rattling the amp was so loud.....i hooked it up to my computer(it tells you how to do it in the manual) and i got that slayer chunky tone. like i said this is the perfect amp i definitely recomend it
This little beast is the perfect amp for beginners. the clean tone is smooth and nice, and the overdrive is awesome. Perfect for any type of music. A great thing to have around.
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.