PRINCETON First introduced in 1948, the Fender Princeton has remained in production in one form or another for over 60 years. It initially featured a single 8" speaker and tweed covering. In 1961, the speaker size increased to 10" and brown tolex became standard. By '63, black tolex was being used and reverb was optional by '64. Known for their sweet tone and portability, the Princeton series of amps are still seen worldwide in professional studios and smaller stages.