As the crown jewel of Ibanez, the Prestige line represents the passion and pride of Japanese luthiery. These guitars, produced exclusively in Japan, have earned worldwide acclaim and respect throughou... Click To Read More About This Product
As the crown jewel of Ibanez, the Prestige line represents the passion and pride of Japanese luthiery. These guitars, produced exclusively in Japan, have earned worldwide acclaim and respect throughout the industry for their craftsmanship, quality, and innovation. Combine this with the classic Ibanez RG design and you have an instrument that truly represents a cornerstone of the Ibanez legacy.
The RG652AHMFX features an Ash body for sparkling highs and beefy lows with a generous heaping of sustain. The ultra-fast, 5-piece Maple/ Walnut, Super Wizard High Performance neck has a stunning Birdseye Maple fingerboard for a snappier sound. Electronics include a pair of DiMarzio Air Norton and The Tone Zone pickups for the perfect mix of power and tone, and a 5-way selector switch for maximum tonal versatility.
The Gibraltar Standard II bridge, designed for precise intonation adjustment, playing comfort, and great sustain, combine with super smooth Gotoh MG-T locking tuners for superior tuning stability. Hardshell case included.
Body shape: Double cutaway
Body type: Solid body
Body material: Solid wood
Top wood: Not applicable
Body wood: Ash
Body finish: Gloss
Orientation: Right handed
Neck shape: Super Wizard
Neck wood: 5-piece Maple/walnut
Scale length: 25.5 in.
Truss rod: Standard
Neck finish: Gloss
Radius: 17 in.
Fret size: Jumbo
Number of frets: 24
Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
Neck: Air Norton
Middle: Not applicable
Bridge: The Tone Zone
Active or passive pickups: Passive
Series or parallel: Switchable
Active EQ: No
Special electronics: None
Control layout: Master volume, tone
Pickup switch: 5-way
Coil tap or split: No
Kill switch: No
Bridge type: Fixed
Bridge design: Gilbralter Standard II
Tailpiece: String thru body
Tuning machines: Gotoh MG-T locking
Number of strings: 6-string
Special features: Electronics
Case: Hardshell case
Country of origin: Japan
GUITAR CENTER'S PRO COVERAGE
Pro Coverage gives you added warranty protection for your gear. Stepping in where the manufacturer's "normal wear and tear" coverage ends, our Pro Coverage program offers you upgraded coverage if your product ever fails Click To Read More About This Product.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Ibanez RG652AHMFX Prestige RG Series 6-String Electric Guitar:
After really enjoying playing an RG standard at GC, I decided I wanted a Japanese Ibanez. This guitar is gorgeous. You open up the case and it's a plush red velvet contrasting perfectly with the sexy nebula green burst. It is incredibly easy to play! Has a perfect balance slung over your shoulder or resting on your thigh. They didn't cut any corners with this instrument.
- Black chrome hardware looks slick
- Neck very thin and flat. Not just for shredding! Strips of walnut add a touch of elegance. Satin finish makes this a fast neck. Jumbo frets feel great. The birdseye fretboard is gorgeous. Locking tuners are robust. Stays in tune like a boss!
- Very clear difference in pickup output from neck to bridge. Bridge gets nice and dirty when the volume is up
- Pickups are a bit hotter than I expected, especially the tone zone in the bridge, but dialing down volume cleans them up very nicely (when you want them to be clean). I'm guessing the hot pickups are for shredders, who are a target Ibanez consumer. The parallel mode is a sweet addition allowing pickup to sound like a single rather than a humbucker
- Pickups have dimarzio embossed on them, but it's subtle and not visible from a distance- branding isn't as obnoxious as on seymour duncans
- Volume and tone knobs are knurled making them easy to turn with just a touch and resistance is light and smooth. Great gradual effect (doesn't just jump from 100% to 10% when you turn the knob only a tiny bit)
- Action can be set super low and bridge is very comfortable to rest your palm. No sharp saddles as on some tune-o-matics
- Amazing custom-molded guitar case that looks sexy and has a hard plastic outer shell. Form-fitted for this guitar
- Guitar comes with a multi-tool with everything on it, even a short metal scale
- The fret markers are just dots, not inlays
- Doesn't come equipped with straplocks
- Pickup selector feels cheap compared with the rest of the hardware, but has authoritative action otherwise
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.