A classic with modern refinements.
A year after celebrating the 50th anniversary of Walter Hofner's original violin bass, made famous by a certain Beatle who shall remain nameless, they have decided to produce a contemporary version. It has a vintage look that will produce many "oohs", and an internal sustain block that creates a more modern, deep-resonating sound that will produce many "aahs." It's the kind of bass guitar people love to see, play, and hear.
Aesthetically, this model features a maple-beech-maple set neck with rosewood fretboard accentuated by mother-of-pearl dot inlays, the signature Hofner violin bass headstock, a brass trapeze tailpiece, and glossy spruce top with glossy flamed maple back and sides. An ebony bridge with movable metal saddles maintains intonation and string spacing. The nickel-plated hardware and floating celluloid pearl pickguard give it an extra little pop for the eyes.
On the electronics side, you're working with two original Hofner 511B 'Staple' humbucking pickups, as well as a control panel with 2 volume controls, 2 on/off switches, and a rhythm/solo switch for volume boost. The overall sound is warm like the original model, but with a little more sonic kick for a more "now" sound. Includes case.
- Rosewood fretboard
- 22 frets
- Maple-beech-maple set neck
- Neck width at nut 1-5/8"
- 4 individual machine heads
- Ebony bridge with movable metal saddles for perfect intonation and string spacing
- Brass trapeze tailpiece
- Selected German spruce top
- Flamed maple back and sides
- 2 Hofner 511B 'Staple' humbucking pickups
- Control panel with boost and individual on and off switches and boost
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Floating celluloid pickguard, pearl designed
- Mother of pearl inlay dots
- Includes case
Order today and play a thoroughly enjoyable bass.