From its humble origins in the back of a small music store in London, Marshall Amplification has defined the sound of rock for generations of guitarists around the world. The History of Marshall: The ... Click To Read More About This Product
From its humble origins in the back of a small music store in London, Marshall Amplification has defined the sound of rock for generations of guitarists around the world. The History of Marshall: The First Fifty Years tells the story of Jim Marshall's remarkable life and documents the many innovations of Marshall amplifiers, from the famous "stack" to the most current offerings. The book features:
• Hundreds of color photographs throughout, including rare amplifiers and previously unpublished historical documents
• Reprints of vintage catalogs and marketing materials from Marshall and its related brands, including Park and CMI
• Extensive appraisal and history of the Celestion speaker
• History of the Marshall factory locations and the pictorial "factory tour"
The book is also:
• Predominantly full color (similar books are typically - sometimes exclusively - black and white) and includes more historical material than any previous publication
• The first publication to bring the history of the company and its products up to date
The History of Marshall: The First Fifty Years is the definitive account of this fascinating company known as "The Sound of Rock." It's absolutely essential reading for musicians, technicians, and collectors alike.
The First Fifty Years
This product is not yet published, but is available for pre-order.
Publisher: Hal Leonard
Authors: Michael Doyle, Nick Bowcott
Release Date: 11/04/2013
Inventory #HL 00332942
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.