"THE GC PRO BI-MONTHLY" SWEEPSTAKES ("Sweepstakes")
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- SPONSOR: Guitar Center Stores, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362. "Sponsor and its agents" shall mean Guitar Center Stores, Inc., its advertising/promotional and/or fulfillment agencies and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents.
- REOCCURRING BI-MONTHLY SWEEPSTAKES: Sponsor will start a new sweepstakes and hold a drawing every other month (each a different "Bi-Monthly Sweepstakes") for a Prize (or Prizes) to be determined prior to the beginning of each Bi-Monthly Sweepstakes until such time as Sponsor discontinues the Bi-Monthly Sweepstakes by posting notice on www.gcpro.com (the "Website"). The entry period for the August through September Bi-Monthly Sweepstakes begins July 31st,at 4:00:00 p.m. PT and ends on September 25th, at 9:59:59 a.m. PT. The Prize(s) and ARV for the Prize(s) for each Bi-Monthly Sweepstakes will be posted on www.gcpro.com prior to the beginning of the entry period for each Bi-Monthly Sweepstakes and will vary from month to month in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Bi-Monthly Sweepstakes. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning. Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time without notice, but will complete any Bi-Monthly Sweepstakes that has started before Sponsor’s discontinuation of the Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the contiguous 48 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, except and excluding Rhode Island, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the day before the start of the Sweepstakes and who had Internet access on or before the day before the start of the Sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees and agents of Guitar Center Stores, Inc. and each of its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible.
- HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Sweepstakes only by online entry as follows: go to gcpro.com and follow the onscreen instructions to enter the Sweepstakes by filling out the online entry form ("Entrant"). Number of entries is limited to one entry per person, per email address. If more than one entry per person is submitted, only the first such entry submitted will be accepted. Any intentional attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities or any other methods will void all of that Entrant’s entries. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. Non-winning entries will not be carried over into subsequent Bi-Monthly Sweepstakes. By entering, Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by Entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the entries. Proof of entering information at website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the Entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered on the date the entry is submitted. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- POTENTIAL WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about the day that is one week after the close of the entry period for each Bi-Monthly Sweepstakes from all eligible entries received during the preceding Bi-Monthly Sweepstakes entry period, by Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes ("Potential Winner"). Potential Winner will be notified by telephone, U.S. mail, and/or e-mail ("Prize Notification") and must provide by e-mail within seven (7) days of the date of the Prize Notification (the "Deadline"), his/her full name, confirmation of the e-mail address and a mailing address ("Mailing Information"), where Sponsor can send an Affidavit of Eligibility, a W-9 tax form and Liability/Publicity Release (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Documents"). The mailing address must include the street address (no P.O. Boxes). If a Potential Winner does not provide the Mailing Information in response to the Prize Notification by the Deadline, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. Once Sponsor receives a Potential Winner's Mailing Information, a set of Sweepstakes Documents will be sent to him/her via either overnight mail and/or by e-mail. Each Potential Winner (or, in the event that the Potential Winner is an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign and return the Sweepstakes Documents within seven (7) days of the date of receipt or he/she will forfeit the Prize and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected. Provided that the Potential Winner has complied with these Official Rules and meets all of the eligibility requirements set forth herein, following Sponsor’s receipt of the signed Sweepstakes Documents, Sponsor shall declare the Potential Winner the winner ("Winner"). Return of any Prize Notification or Sweepstakes Documents as undeliverable will result in disqualification, an alternate Potential Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received for the original drawing. Sponsor shall repeat the winner selection and notification procedures set forth in this Section 6 until a qualified Winner has been verified and the prize awarded.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize specifications will be determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize is unavailable. Prize is non-transferable. The Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed. The Prize is awarded "AS IS" and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES: All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner may be required to properly fill out a W-9 tax form and issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the Prize.
- INTERNET: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes or web site, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice and to select the winner from all eligible Entries received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISPUTES: Each Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys fees and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
- WINNERS LIST: For a winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "THE GC PRO BI-MONTHLY" Sweepstakes, Winner's List, c/o Guitar Center Stores, Inc., 5795 Lindero Canyon Road, Westlake Village, CA 91362, to be received no later than six (6) months after the completion of the Bi-Monthly Sweepstakes for which you would like to receive a winners list. Winners List will comprise the Winners of each Sweepstakes within the six (6) months prior to receipt of the Winners List request.
TM and © 2014. Guitar Center. All rights reserved.