The Blue Bottle Rocket Stage Two is an innovative and unique vacuum-tube microphone system for virtually any recording need. The Blue Stage Two combines low noise and superb transient response with a ... Click To Read More About This Product
The Blue Bottle Rocket Stage Two is an innovative and unique vacuum-tube microphone system for virtually any recording need. The Blue Stage Two combines low noise and superb transient response with a choice of 9 different interchangeable capsules—the Bottle Caps. In an instant, change these bayonet-mount mic capsules for a stunning variety of tonal characteristics and pickup patterns without shutting off the power. Get all of the capsules, and it's like having an entire Blue microphone locker in a single system.
Precision-shaped and hand-assembled, the Bottle Rocket Stage Two is crafted for a lifetime of use. Its transformerless Class A discrete amplifier circuit is a thoroughly modern design with a nod to the classic circuits of yesteryear. With the Blue Stage Two mic's single hand-selected ECC88 vacuum tube, you'll hear musical detail and subtlety previously heard only in microphones costing thousands more. The Bottle Rocket Stage Two includes a custom-built flight case, a high-definition tube mic cable, and a shockmount. You also get the innovative Powerstream power supply, which not only ensures ultra-stable performance but also features a soft-start feature that maximizes tube life and minimizes startup time.
Capsules designed for any mission
Both the Stage One and Stage Two Bottle Rockets can take advantage of the Bottle Caps, Blue's family of 9 interchangeable capsules with different tonal characteristics and pickup patterns. Each Bottle Cap is designed to provide the recordist with the ultimate sonic solution for their respective application. Get them all and you'll have an entire Blue mic cabinet at your fingertips. This Stage Two bundle comes with the B8 All-Purpose "TPO—The Popular Opinion" Bottle Cap and the B4 Omni Mouse.
B4 Omni Mouse: Perspex Sphere Pressure Omni Small Diaphragm: "The Big Omni"
The Blue B4 evokes an ethereal quality sought after by producers and engineers alike. The Perspex sphere which houses our small diaphragm capsule, hand-built by Blue engineers, is a unique design made popular in the 1950s on the RCA Red Seal series recordings. For room sounds and ambient drum recording, nothing parallels the sound of this capsule.
• Sweet highs, robust lows, unique design and sound perfect for ambient recording
• Suggested Applications: Orchestral sounds, classical instrumentation, background vocals, organ, accordion, distant miking of any source, particularly bowed strings, and drums.
The Bottle Caps
• B0 Capsule (270709) - Airy top end, silky vocal sound
• B1 (270710): Capsule - Ultimate acoustic instrument mic
• B2 (270711) Capsule - Vintage, rich ribbon sound with muted top end and detailed midrange
• B3 (270712) Capsule - Accurate, neutral sound
• B4 (270713) Capsule - Live and orchestral applications
• B5 Capsule (270714) - Dramatic top and bottom
• B6 Capsule (270715) - The renowned Blue sonic signature—smooth, liquid presence
• B7 Capsule (270716) - Today's vintage sound
• B8 Capsule - All-purpose "TPO" (The Popular Opinion) sound—the default Bottle Cap
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.