The Blue Bottle Rocket Stage One microphone takes interchangeable capsules, including Blue's 9 vintage lollipop-style capsules, the Bottle Caps. The Bottle Rocket is a Class-A discrete solid state bay... Read More
The Blue Bottle Rocket Stage One microphone takes interchangeable capsules, including Blue's 9 vintage lollipop-style capsules, the Bottle Caps. The Bottle Rocket is a Class-A discrete solid state bayonet-mounted microphone system that gives you unlimited flexibility and a wide variety of tonal characteristics and pickup patterns—all in one mic. Precision-designed and hand-assembled, the Blue Stage One mic is crafted for a lifetime of use. Compared to similar microphones, the Stage One has a very low self noise specification (<7.5dB) and a very high output level (+12dBV), making it a perfect choice for today's high sample rate/deep word length digital platforms.
Instead of integrated circuit chips, the Stage One microphone employs a transformerless Class A discrete amplifier circuit to ensure the most accurate and noise-free signal possible with minimal distortion and coloration. The Blue Stage One is an ideal microphone for recording virtually any sound source. In addition to the microphone, the Bottle Rocket Stage One also includes Blue's high-definition 20-AWG mic cable and custom spider shockmount.
Capsules designed for any mission
Both the Blue Stage One and Stage Two Bottle Rockets take advantage of the Bottle Caps, Blue's family of 9 interchangeable capsules with different tonal characteristics and pickup patterns. Each Bottle Cap is designed to provide the recordist with the ultimate sonic solution for their respective application. Get them all and you'll have an entire Blue mic cabinet at your fingertips. This Stage One bundle comes with the B8 All-Purpose "TPO—The Popular Opinion" Bottle Cap and the B6 Kiwi.
B6 Kiwi: Cardioid Large Diaphragm Dual Backplate: "The Blue Standard/The modern presence vocal sound"
The B6 is Blue's premium capsule, tuned to deliver a larger-than-life sound with extension in the lower and upper frequencies. Though designed primarily to achieve a world-class contemporary vocal sound, the B6 can also be utilized to add a glossy, produced sheen to saxophone, piano, and other acoustic lead instruments. To obtain the ultimate vocal sound, work the B6 microphone close with a pop filter.
• "Larger than life" sound—enhanced lows and high frequency presence
• Suggested Applications: Lead vocals, background vocals, voiceovers, percussion, piano, vibraphone, accordion, clean electric guitar, jazz guitar, and distant miking of acoustic or resonator guitar
The Bottle Caps
• B0 Capsule (270709) - Airy top end, silky vocal sound
• B1 (270710): Capsule - Ultimate acoustic instrument mic
• B2 (270711) Capsule - Vintage, rich ribbon sound with muted top end and detailed midrange
• B3 (270712) Capsule - Accurate, neutral sound
• B4 (270713) Capsule - Live and orchestral applications
• B5 Capsule (270714) - Dramatic top and bottom
• B6 Capsule (270715) - The renowned Blue sonic signature—smooth, liquid presence
• B7 Capsule (270716) - Today's vintage sound
• B8 Capsule - All-purpose "TPO" (The Popular Opinion) sound—the default Bottle Cap
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.