"pageType" : "item_page",
"placements" : "5",
"placementNames" : "rrt1,rrt2,rr1,rr2,rr3"
Bach Tuba / Sousaphone Mouthpiece 12
A carefully selected Bach mouthpiece can help improve a player's embouchure, attack, tonguing and endurance. Tuba and sousaphone players alike remark on the noticeable difference of using Bach's metic... Click To Read More About This Product
A carefully selected Bach mouthpiece can help improve a player's embouchure, attack, tonguing and endurance. Tuba and sousaphone players alike remark on the noticeable difference of using Bach's meticulously crafted instrument parts.
Vincent Bach was a rare combination of artist and engineer. A mechanical genius and acclaimed trumpet soloist, his instruments and mouthpieces are used today in every major studio and orchestra in the world. Bach personally designed the tools and composed the plans that continue to set the high standards for making all Bach products today.
"Choosing the perfect mouthpiece is often more difficult than choosing the perfect instrument. Your success as a musician depends on the choice of equipment that will do justice to your capabilities."-Vincent Bach
- Model No. / Depth of Cup / Depth of Cup / Approx. Cup Dia. / Rim Shape / Description
- 7 / Deep / Medium / 33.25 mm / Medium wide. / A large mouthpiece with full, lively tone and a splendid low register, for players with a strong embouchure. Recommended for large-bore instruments.
- 12 / Deep / Medium / 32.75 mm / Medium wide. / Fairly large diameter, producing a big, vivid tone.
- 18 / Deep / Medium / 32.10 mm / Medium wide. / Our best-selling mouthpiece for all-around work. Has an even high register, substantial tone of excellent carrying power.
- 22 / Deep / Medium / 31.60 mm / Medium wide. / Slightly smaller than No. 18. Recommended for use in school bands.
- 24W / Deep / Medium / 31.25 mm / Wide, well rounded. / A versatile mouthpiece with lively tone, suitable for school bands.
- 24AW / Deep / Deep / 31.25 mm / Wide, well rounded. / An excellent mouthpiece whenever a sonorous, dark tone quality
- of enormous volume is desirable.
- 25 / Deep / Medium / 30.60 mm / Medium wide. / A fairly small mouthpiece suitable for young students.
- 30E / Deep / Medium shallow / 30.00 mm / Medium wide. / A small mouthpiece requiring little volume of air. For the young student with a small mouth.
- 32E / Deep / Medium shallow / 29.50 mm / Medium wide. / A small mouthpiece for the lightweight bass horn, or for the less robust player seeking a robust tone.
- With the exception of the "junior" mouthpieces, Nos. 30E and 32E, Bach tuba mouthpieces can be used equally well on BB-flat and E-flat tuba. There is no good reason for making mouthpieces for E-flat tuba any smaller or shallower, because a player using an E tuba actually transposes a fourth and uses the instrument in the lower register, for which a larger-sized mouthpiece is to be given preference. Nos. 7, 18, 24W and 24AW have larger backbores.