Accepts optional elements.
Offering outstanding Audio-Technica sound for surface-mount applications, the U851A UniPoint Boundary Microphone features a PivotPoint rotating output connector, UniSteep filter and UniGuard RFI-shielding technology. This battery or phantom powered condenser microphone accepts interchangeable condenser elements--available for boundary microphones in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns. Its heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone. With superior off-axis rejection and maximum gain-before-feedback, this professional flat microphone sets audio-quality standards in challenging acoustic environments.
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, conferencing and other demanding sound pickup situations
- PivotPoint rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rearor the bottom of the microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance black finish for minimum visibility
- Operates on battery or phantom power