All of the controls and features from the legendary MPC, now with complete Mac or PC integration.
Fusing Akai Professional’s legendary MPC layout and workflow with the power of your computer, MPC Renaissance is truly a powerhouse of an instrument for making music. The Akai MPC Renaissance is a fully integrated hardware/software system that allows you to construct and create songs using the classic hardware controls and pop-up display that have made the MPC a known name in the world of music production, while incorporating an intuitive software program for sequencing on your computer. Along with legendary controls, the MPC Renaissance features Akai’s exclusive MPC software with 128-track sequencing, instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plug-ins, and a massive 6GB+ sound library that will vastly expand your production capabilities to your Mac or PC.
MPC Renaissance Hardware
Combine MPC production workflow with the raw processing power of your computer. The MPC renaissance has16 genuine MPC pads that are backlit for easy visibility, 16 Q-Link controls, and an adjustable backlit LCD screen so you can see where you are at in the process at all times. The classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and MPC Transport controls are all present to keep you with the familiar MPC style workflow you may be accustomed to. Connections include XLR/TRS combo inputs, Stereo 1/4” out, stereo assignable mix 1/4” out and S/PDIF I/O, dedicated turntable outputs, two MIDI inputs and two MIDI outputs, and a four channel USB 2.0 interface with a two-port USB 2.0 hub built-in.
MPC Studio Software (version 1.4)
Akai’s exclusive MPC software makes the transition from the original box to your computer a breeze. 128-Track sequencing ability will provide you with plenty of options when cruising through the massive 6GB+ sound library, including all of the sounds from the original MPC3000. There’s instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plugins, and the ability to record each track as an MPC drum program, Keygroup program, or VST/AU program. The MPC Studio software supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX, and SND audio file types, as well as any samples and sequences from any MPC ever made. Use the software as a stand alone DAW or inside of your favorite workstation as a VST or AU plugin. The software is both Mac and PC compatible.
New features in version 1.4:
• 64-bit support for PC/Mac. The standalone application, VST and Audio Unit plugins now have 64-bit versions
• Ability to load samples when playing
• Ability to export return buses
• Auto-save function (see preferences window)
• Control surface buttons auto-repeat when you hold them down (useful for zoom,
• locate, etc)
• Quick bank/mode selection via button double-tap. You can double-tap shift to enter “shift lock” mode. You can also double-tap bank/mode buttons directly
• Multiple file selection in file browser
• New file browser folder button behavior. The 1-5 buttons retain their stored location when you move away from them; the location can be set by press-and- hold
• QLink control of zoom and scroll in the sample editor
• Added a sample overview in sample editor
• LCD sample editor supports zoom and scroll
• MIDI clock receive
• Ability to alphabetically sort the samples list (see button over the Sample list)
• New command history window, with the ability to drag the undo position around (Edit>History...)
• Holding shift at startup skips any autoload files
Download software update version 1.4 at: http://www.akaiprompc.com/mpc-renaissance/#software-updates